We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Maritza
Just Said Yes July 2020

San Diego brides

Maritza, on May 26, 2020 at 5:39 PM Posted in California Planning 0 10
Saved Save
Reply
Are any brides in San Diego postponing? My wedding is 7/11/2020 I dont know if I should cut my guest list or move forward with it since everything seems to be opening up here and we are moving go phase 3 of reopening.

10 Comments

  • Nicole
    Rockstar November 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    Not San Diego, but OC, and we’re forging ahead as planned. Right now, we’re hoping the guest list cuts itself, but it seems as though people are enjoying having something to look forward to (only one decline so far). We’ll be making cutting decisions if we have to as we get closer to the wedding date, but the fact that we’re moving into Phase 3 as of today has me optimistic.
    • Reply
  • Maritza
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Maritza ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Are you guys officially in phase 3 already? And what is your guest list count? Mine is 130 something but I feel the same way as people will decline and the guest list will cut itself. San Diego county just reopened most of its stores restaurants etc malls will be opening I believe at the end of this week as well as churches
    • Reply
  • Nicole
    Rockstar November 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Yeah. Newsom gave the go ahead for OC to move into Phase 3, so I know our hair salons, malls, restaurants, etc. are on there way to opening/already open. Our guest list is a disgusting 213, but like you, I'm hoping the list will cut itself. So far, we have a 97% acceptance rate (65 yes RSVPs, 2 no) but it's been mostly local family/friends who have responded so far (AKA the ones we knew were a yes). We haven't heard from many of our midwest guests yet (I imagine they're waiting until closer to our RSVP deadline to make a decision). If the list doesn't cut itself, we'll have to make those cuts based on whatever the regulations are this summer. We're going to hold off on that as long as we can to see where the restrictions are closer to July.

    • Reply
  • Maritza
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Maritza ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I set my rsvp deadline to june 30th. Since we are getting married July 11th I wanted at least 2 weeks to get everything organized just in case the regulations force me to have a smaller wedding which I'm hoping wont be the case. My ceremony will be at a lake then my reception will be at a family members house. I'm stressed not knowing if we will be good or not. Especially cause I don't want family to request time off or make plans to come to San Diego and they can no longer be my guests.
    • Reply
  • Nicole
    Rockstar November 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I hear you. Unfortunately, our RSVP date is June 13 (for our 7/11 wedding; date twins!) as our caterer needs final numbers 3 weeks out. It’s definitely worrisome to have to make a guest count decision that far out. Like you, I’d feel so guilty if we had to turn around and tell someone they couldn’t come after they RSVPd. Luckily, my venue is 100% outside and a large property, so there’s plenty of room to spread people out if needed. I’m just keeping the faith that it will all turn out the way it’s supposed to.
    • Reply
  • Jessica
    Beginner July 2021
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Not SD, but greater Los Angeles area. We were expecting about 300 people at an outdoor venue for our 7/11/20 wedding, but have decided to postpone until 7/10/21 for a few different reasons. We have a lot of “at risk” guests, many of whom are family, and didn’t want to put them in a position where they felt like they couldn’t attend. We are anticipating that masks, gloves and distance will still be required in July, which is just not the wedding experience we wanted. Finally, all the vendors were available for the new date so we didn’t lose any money by making the move. Best of luck to you!
    • Reply
  • Gina
    WeddingWire Administrator April 2021
    Gina ·
    • Flag

    Hi Maritza,

    I'm so sorry you are going through this! I have provided a few discussions below that I think might help.

    July 2020 wedding stress

    July brides postpone or wait?

    California Brides


    Things are changing daily, so keeping the lines of communication open is important. That way, you can make decisions in a timely fashion.

    Good luck!akxoU0fWxdmfE9sHUjjkYB-ICl1lHJDh_sCPQOky

    • Reply
  • Liz
    Savvy September 2020
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Nicole, that's so awesome you are in phase 3! We are in the Bay area and still in phase 2A
    😢 Curious if your venue has mentioned anything about requiring everyone to wear masks? Have they said anything regarding if dancing will be allowed?
    • Reply
  • Nicole
    Rockstar November 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    They actually haven’t said anything yet except that we’re still a go if we are wanting to move forward or can postpone without penalty if that’s what we want to do. I was going to reach out in a week or so to start the conversation about regulations (since it is so fluid, they could say one thing right now and it could change by July).
    • Reply
  • Liz
    Savvy September 2020
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That is a good point about the restrictions being fluid. I'd be curious to hear if there are any regulations. I'm praying our venue doesn't make us wear masks or prohibit dancing - that would be a deal breaker for me but it's unclear what restrictions will be imposed on California gatherings in the months to come.
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles