A
Dedicated November 2016

Sam's club flowers

A&E, on October 1, 2016 at 7:46 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 19
Saved Save

Has anybody used Sam's club bulk flower for their wedding? If you have what was your experience like?

I had a beautiful idea for a centerpiece but after playing around with it it's just not going to work. I already have all the vases and found a way to jazz it up but now I need to find roses for Centerpiece 2.0

19 Comments

• nursetraveler87
    VIP October 2016
    nursetraveler87 ·
    • Flag

I'll be getting my Sam's club flowers on Wednesday! I've heard great things about them and they have good reviews online. Prices are pretty competitive from what I've seen online for bulk ordering. I'd also check your local grocer or whole foods store just to compare prices if you have the time.

• A
    Dedicated November 2016
    A&E ·
    • Flag

Will you please let me know how they are (if you have a chance)?

• L
    Just Said Yes October 2016
    LaTonya ·
    • Flag

I went to WholeFoods. They are so reasonably priced. Around the same price as Sam's, but they are already arranged. They will even deliver them. They are gorgeous flowers. You could also use Trader Joes. Hope this helps.

• N
    Master October 2016
    no1 ·
    • Flag

I choose against sams club because of the multiple reviews saying they ordered light pink and got hot pink or fushia, or order white rose and people got cream or light yellow It was really important to me that they didnt come the wrong color so I paid more and got them from fiftyflowers.com. If you dont care what kind of roses then its a little cheaper to just choose the random roses in the color you want. I ended up ordering these

http://www.fiftyflowers.com/product/White-Ecuadorian-Roses_293.htm

But from what I've heard sams club is good if your not super picky about the color or type of roses

• nursetraveler87
    VIP October 2016
    nursetraveler87 ·
    • Flag

@A&E, I will try to remember to post pictures!

• Liz
    Super March 2016
    Liz ·
    • Flag

I ordered babys breath in bulk from Sam's and would absolutely recommend them again. I know someone who ordered roses from Costco and hers were beautiful as well.

• A
    Dedicated November 2016
    A&E ·
    • Flag

Thanks everybody! The other problem I am facing is that the recommended delivery for a Sunday wedding is Thursday- except that won't work as its thanksgiving. Do ya'll think they will have enough time to open if I get them delivered Friday?

• Going to the chapel
    Master July 2017
    Going to the chapel ·
    • Flag

I've used Sams and Costco flowers for a number of events. The quality is always good.

• Tina
    Super September 2016
    Tina ·
    • Flag

I would get them on Wednesday, just to be safe. If you got them on Friday, they may not be completely bloomed out. It takes a few days.

• FutureMrsSuckow
    Dedicated July 2017
    FutureMrsSuckow ·
    • Flag

I'm planning to get flowers in bulk from both Sams and Costco to make my own decor. I've heard nothing but great things about both

• I'm Mrs Shuey
    VIP September 2016
    I'm Mrs Shuey ·
    • Flag

I got my flowers from Sam's. I received part of my shipment on Wednesday as scheduled and the remaining the following day (they were shipped to the wrong state). The flowers were beautiful however not all of the flowers I received late opened up fully. I would definitely recommend having them delivered on Wednesday to ensure all of the flowers open up completely.

• A
    Dedicated November 2016
    A&E ·
    • Flag

Good to know! For some reason I kept thinking Wednesday would be much too early but now after everyone's advice I don't know what I was thinking!

• A
    Dedicated November 2016
    A&E ·
    • Flag

Good to know! For some reason I kept thinking Wednesday would be much too early but now after everyone's advice I don't know what I was thinking!

• Dreaming of September
    Super September 2017
    Dreaming of September ·
    • Flag

I'm getting mine from Costco. Definitely allow plenty of time for the flowers to open! The Wednesday before should be plenty of time.

• FutureMrsSuckow
    Dedicated July 2017
    FutureMrsSuckow ·
    • Flag

To add onto this post-- I was talking about this with a friend yesterday and they said something about needing to refrigerate all the flowers once you get them open and in water.. for those of you with experience, is this true?

• I'm Mrs Shuey
    VIP September 2016
    I'm Mrs Shuey ·
    • Flag

I did not refrigerate mine...I wanted them to open. Make sure you have plenty of buckets, fresh water and the plant food they give you. If you keep them in a cooler place, it will slow the opening process. A warmer temperature will help them open.

• Mrs. P
    VIP July 2016
    Mrs. P ·
    • Flag

I used Costco for our bouquets and boutonnieres. They were stunning! I actually cried when I opened the box because they were so much nicer than I was expecting. I got them on Thursday for my Saturday wedding

• Blair Waldorf
    Master October 2017
    Blair Waldorf ·
    • Flag

I plan on getting the bulk of our flowers from Sam's Club, I decided this because of all the good reviews and they are one of the best sources for ordering your own bulk flowers

• Mallory
    Expert September 2017
    Mallory ·
    • Flag

Great idea! I'm going to look into that

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics