Jennifer
Just Said Yes July 2021

Sample wedding day timelines

Jennifer, on July 2, 2021 at 9:48 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 5
Saved
Hi everyone! We are planning on a 4:30 ceremony that should be completed by 4:50. Then, we have apps and dinner…not really a formal cocktail hour. How long would you suggest for appetizers and buffet dinner for 45 people?

I’m trying to develop a timeline. We have no wedding party, but so want to do a first dance and parent dances. When should those come in? And our cake cutting is going to be a gender reveal.
Our photographer is wrapping up around 8. I want to make sure she gets all the important things! What do you guys think? What’s your timeline like?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Monique, on July 2, 2021 at 11:16 PM
  • Amanduh
    Devoted January 2019
    Amanduh ·
    • Flag

Definitely at least an hour for apps

• Sarah
    Master September 2019
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    I would say if you’re talking about apps and dinner, a minimum of 1.5 hours, but I’d talk to your caterer about it. They can usually give you a timeframe on how long serving that many guests will be and if 1 or 2 buffet lines would be better.
  • Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    No more than one hour for appetizers.

Your vendors (photographer or coordinator) are perfect to ask for timelines because that is part of their job.
  • Ashley
    Savvy July 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    I would say an hour for cocktails/appetizers. So you can do that from 5:00-6:00. Have your first dance and parent dances before dinner around 6:00. Dinner around 6:15-7:15. And then cake cutting right after dinner around 7:30-7:45 before your photographer leaves.

I’m doing a very similar timeline with a 5:00 o’clock ceremony.
  • Monique
    Expert October 2022
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    Well we have until 12mid but for we will done by 10pm because we will be tired. I would the first dance not too long then 1 more dance who guys decide which ones you want more. Because before you know it over

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics