Madison
Devoted August 2019

Rsvp's Are Back - Friday Wedding

Madison, on July 18, 2019 at 4:48 PM Posted in Planning 0 5
Saved Save

Happy Thursday everyone!

Since a few months ago I asked about "typical" responses for a Friday night wedding, I figured I would share my results! About half our guests were from "out of state", and the wedding is on a Friday, so we expected about a 70-80% acceptance rate.

Invited: 133

Accepted : 120

Declined : 13

In total, that's a 90% acceptance rate! We were TOTALLY shocked, especially for it being on a Friday and for most people, at least a 3 hour drive.

Reasons for the 13 people declining:

Group 1 (2 people): Wife has cancer treatment out of state

Group 2 (2 people): Wife is being induced 3 days prior to wedding due to medical issues, but we gain a new cousin that day!

Group 3 (2 people): Husband can't take off work August - October

Group 4 (1 person): Can't take off work Friday - Sunday in summer

Group 5 (2 people): Committed to another wedding for a family member

Group 6 (2 people): Long story, but basically we are no longer close and they declined with no explanation

Group 7 (1 person): Started new job out of state

Group 8 (1 person): No reason given, the other two people in the party accepted.

Hope this helps any Friday brides who might be curious about acceptance rates! We luckily left room in the budget for extra people because it's definitely true that you might get WAY more people attending than you think!

5 Comments

• Keri
    Expert November 2019
    Keri ·
    Awesome! I'm having a Friday wedding too. I really hope I have a couple more declines. We are inviting about 170. I want 130-140!
  • Madison
    Devoted August 2019
    Madison ·
    View Quoted Comment

Agreed! We invited the 133 but were hoping for more like 100-110. But we are excited for everyone taking time to come celebrate!

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    I would totally go to a Friday wedding! The weekend starts then anyway and you'd have plenty of time for recovery after aha
  • Sarah
    Dedicated September 2019
    Sarah ·
    We are having a Friday wedding. Invited 206, venue holds 200. We are hoping for around 180. So far we have 100% that have RSVP’d so far coming to the wedding (about 65). Its starting to make me nervous.
  • Madison
    Devoted August 2019
    Madison ·
    View Quoted Comment

We definitely were surprised by how many people said yes. We didn't get our first "No" until we had over 80 people who had accepted the invite. Luckily our venue holds 250 so we weren't so much worried about that, it was more of trying to move money around to make it work with the additional people.

Comment on this discussion