So I posted a couple days ago about how it was supposed to rain on the day of our engagement photos (tomorrow) and that’s still looking like the case, though it’s not supposed to start raining until about 2pm, so theoretically we could do the shoot in the morning (even though we wanted it at sunset) but it will likely be cloudy and very windy (we’re doing it at the beach, so even windier) and I just am not sure if we should go through with it or try to reschedule.
I’m tempted to reschedule because we really wanted those sunset photos, it’d be much more enjoyable to do it on a nice day, and I’ve been feeling like I’m coming down with a cold the past couple days so I’m not sure if being outside in cool, windy weather is the best idea.
On the other hand, we’ve already been engaged for 7 months and I’m honestly getting so stressed about getting these done. I kind of just want to get them over with at this point. I already dyed my hair and got my eyebrows done for this, and FH got a haircut and everything, assuming we’d be doing the photos this weekend. Ugh. What would you do? Reschedule or just go with it?
If it were me I would reschedule. You are paying for really good pics so why not wait until you can get the exact shots you want to have done. I understand being impatient but I think it will be worth the wait.
View Quoted Comment
You’re probably right. I’m so mad at myself, we should’ve done them last weekend when it was gorgeous. It’s been so nice out this entire week too, and starting tomorrow we’re supposed to get a huge spell of rain and humidity for at least the next week, so even next weekend might still be crappy 😖
I wanted the perfect pictures too. One day it rained and we had to rescheduled. I just wanted them over and done with and when we finally set a day it was so windy that my hair lost a battle with the wind. I finally got them back and all I see is my hair flying all over. At this point I just laugh about it just because I wanted that perfect picture day. In the end I have a better story with my hair. So don’t stress about and go with the flow.
I had to reschedule mine twice due to the weather. But it was worth it because they turned out great.
Because you want sunset pictures, I would reschedule. How long do you think your photoshoot will be if you're starting at 2pm? I'm doing mine this weekend starting at 12pm and hope to be done by the time the rain starts. Im hoping to do 2 outfits as well. BUT I dont have a whole lot planned, I'm getting my hair done morning of, FH is shaving and doing his hair morning of and then we'll just do our pics that afternoon. IF we dont like them, we'll probably just do the STD without a picture. At least that's what I'm thinking
Yeah you guys are right, I think I’m going to reschedule. It sucks because I was so excited to get these done and check it off my list but I don’t want to end up with photos where we’re cold and I’m sick and unhappy lol. Should probably sleep in tomorrow and drink tea ☹️
I would reschedule. Everything happens for a reason. I bet if you reschedule you'll have a beautiful day and get the best pictures. Plus you don't want to get sick. If you're already feeling under the weather no reason to risk it. Wait, they'll be beautiful
View Quoted Comment
Yeah exactly, like as tempted as I am to just get it done with tomorrow, I’d be beating myself up if 1) the pictures didn’t turn out good and 2) I got sick from being outside in cold windy weather when I’m already feeling like I’m coming down with something.
Definitely a smarter idea to put it off, as much as I hate to admit it thanks for the validation that it’s the right call lol
You would actually be better off with an overcast day - VS a day that is really sunny if you aren't doing them at sunrise or sunset. If its suppose to rain later why not just get up really early and go do them at sunrise. It will have a similar effect and will be just as nice.
TBH it doesn't really matter how long you have been engaged, you still have plenty of time. Your wedding is not until June so even if you need them for STD's you wouldn't send those out until probably January anyway. at earliest November. That is MORE than enough time for you to reschedule and get them done. I get being disappointed but I wouldn't stress over something that isn't a necessity
I’d reschedule. Ours were supposed to be Sunday but we cancelled due to storms in the mountains (we really wanted evening Mountain View’s as the backdrop). We rescheduled for yesterday and it was definitely worth the wait. You’re putting the time and effort into planning the photos waiting a little longer to get the perfect scenery you want it worth it!
Agree with Munchkin. We did ours on a sunny day, and it was really difficult to find a spot outdoors. We did some at a Spanish village which were great, but then we changed into "casual clothes" and went to a wooded creek area. I got ZERO pictures from the creek in our second outfit, because the photographer said they were not usable due to the lighting. I was really bummed because some of them would have been great.
We were going to reschedule because it said it was suppose to be 70% chance of rain. Our photographer kept saying he thinks it’s best to reschedule but I wasn’t having it. It was suppose to rain all day. It rained when I got my hair and makeup done and I was about to panic and we were taking our e-pics in a garden so rain was a no go. Luckily an hour before it became so pretty outside( we went for sunset as well). It looked as if it never rained. I’m so glad we didn’t reschedule to the next weekend because it stormed that whole weekend.
What about a sunrise session? It might suck getting up that early, but a sunrise session will give you the same beautiful golden light as a sunset session would :-) I would avoid a mid-day session if the sun is out in full force (you'll have harsh shadows), BUT if it's overcast, that could actually make for great photos! Even the chance of right might not completely ruin the day if it's not a downpour.