Married Millennial
Master March 2019

Ready, Set, Plan!

Married Millennial, on August 5, 2019 at 11:48 PM Posted in Planning 1 100
Saved Save
How soon after your fiance proposed did you begin wedding planning?

Ready, Set, Plan! 1

100 Comments

• ArizonaDreaming
    Dedicated April 2020
    ArizonaDreaming ·

I couldn't remember. My fiance and I were looking at things before hand. I asked him and he said probably within the week that I started looking for sure.

• Madison
    Devoted April 2020
    Madison ·
    Have always looked on Pinterest and stuff but definitely that same night!
  • D
    Super July 2020
    D ·
    We discussed the date within hours. The budget was the next day. I started looking at venues online within 2 weeks. Our first venue tour was I think 6 weeks from our engagement.
  • Mary
    Expert July 2019
    Mary ·
    We discussed the season and location immediately after, and then started researching venues online within the week.
  • Kelly
    VIP October 2020
    Kelly ·
    Immediately. We wanted to get this show on the road! 😆
  • Chloe
    Devoted October 2020
    Chloe ·
    I’ve been planning my entire life lol, but i’d say about a month and a half after we started searching for venues and booked our photographer!
  • Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·

Maybe a week after before we started really planning. We booked our venue within 2 months.

• Married Millennial
    Master March 2019
    Married Millennial ·
    View Quoted Comment

I discovered from being on this site that a lot of couples start planning before they are actually engaged.

• Married Millennial
    Master March 2019
    Married Millennial ·
    View Quoted Comment

I loved to get ideas from Pinterest during my planning time.

• Married Millennial
    Master March 2019
    Married Millennial ·
    View Quoted Comment

Wow! You two were really on it!

• Married Millennial
    Master March 2019
    Married Millennial ·
    View Quoted Comment

And how much time did you have to plan in between your engagement day and your wedding day?

• Married Millennial
    Master March 2019
    Married Millennial ·
    View Quoted Comment

I completely understand.

• Married Millennial
    Master March 2019
    Married Millennial ·
    View Quoted Comment

Really? I never dreamed of my wedding day, just being married. So when I got engaged I was a little overwhelmed initially.

• Married Millennial
    Master March 2019
    Married Millennial ·
    View Quoted Comment

Once my husband and I got started planning we had all our vendors hired within 3 months. Things went pretty fast.

• Rebecca
    Dedicated June 2020
    Rebecca ·
    I’m a teacher, so getting married over the summer is the easiest for me, and having time for a honeymoon and getting all the name change stuff in order before school starts was a priority for me. We ended up getting the venue about two weeks after we got engaged because people book June weddings around here 1.5-2 years ahead of time and we wanted to get married next summer (about a year after getting engaged).
  • Tara
    Dedicated August 2020
    Tara ·

6 months, which I feel like isn't the norm lol. Of course I would look into things and do a little bit of research, but not real planning. We knew we wanted to get married in August 2020, so we decided to just chill/enjoy being engaged and then once we were a little over a year out start planning.

• Mary
    Expert July 2019
    Mary ·
    View Quoted Comment
    We signed with our venue within a month of our engagement. Then we had nine months of planning!
  • A
    Dedicated August 2019
    Ashley ·
    We've been talking about getting married for the past 4 years but only started planning 5 months ago
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    Aha I started before he even proposed
  • Married Millennial
    Master March 2019
    Married Millennial ·
    View Quoted Comment

I am also a teacher and planned my wedding close to Spring Break.

Comment on this discussion