We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Alexis
Savvy October 2020

Rainy Wedding Day 馃槶

Alexis, on October 2, 2020 at 8:38 AM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved Save
Tomorrow is our big day & it鈥檚 supposed to rain on our outside wedding. Reception, of course is in a tent but the ceremony is not. Our bar is also out of the tent in its own tent not too far away. How do you handle all these emotions? Our wedding was supposed to be in June but got delayed because of Covid. I can鈥檛 help but feel overwhelmingly sad right now and stressed out. Help!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Yasmine, on October 2, 2020 at 11:39 AM
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen
    • Flag

Breathe honey. Wedding days are unpredictable. I totally understand the upset but have a back up plan. Doe your venue have a rain site? Contact your photographers and ask do they have clear umbrellas for the day. Is it raining all day or will there be moments it does not? I will say rain on a wedding day sucks but you deserve the big day no matter what. See what you can work with and girl get some cute pictures of the rain. They say it is good luck. Can the ceremony be under the tent as well?

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine
    • Flag

Well you know the saying is that when it rains on your wedding day its good luck! I wouldn't stress about it hopefully during your ceremony it won't rain too much or too hard. Is there any way that the ceremony can be in the tent as well as a back up plan?

• Janette
    Savvy August 2020
    Janette
    • Flag
    Honestly you鈥檒l forget about the rain because you will be so excited to get married At least I did lol. Enjoy the moment and congratulations 馃嵕 馃帀
  • Alexis
    Savvy October 2020
    Alexis
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you, it鈥檚 all hitting me at once but you鈥檙e right, I need to start thinking logically rather than emotionally. Im calling my venue right now. Thank you!!!
  • Alexis
    Savvy October 2020
    Alexis
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I sure hope that saying is true, just like ever bride we have been running into road block after road block! I鈥檓 calling the venue right now to ask
  • Alexis
    Savvy October 2020
    Alexis
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! Congratulations to you too 馃グ I鈥檓 really happy to hear you didn鈥檛 let the rain get you down.
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree with you 100%. Focus on contacting the venue to see what you can do and take a deep breath. It will all be perfect I鈥檓 sure.
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

But hey your feelings are valid. That is a completely disappointing situation and I would be upset too but I would look up some back up plans like you are so you can celebrate your day becoming someone's wife. Smiley smile You got this but I pray there are not rainy moments for your ceremony.

• Carrie
    Devoted October 2020
    Carrie
    • Flag

Rain on your wedding day is good luck.. However you don't feel so lucky the day of. I too have an outside wedding and I keep checking the forecast. Is there room the can move the Bar under the tent? Also ask you venue if you can have the wedding under the tent or if you don't have a venue maybe just let everyone sit at their seat and still have it under the tent. I hope you don' t stress to much.

• Amanduh
    Dedicated January 2019
    Amanduh
    • Flag

Just breathe. Everything will be okay. Maybe ask the venue to switch some things around

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I definitely understand. I hope that everything works out for you two!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics