Skip to main content
J
Savvy October 2021

Postponing wedding to 2021... too far?

Jy, on March 18, 2020 at 10:29 PM Posted in Planning 0 6
Saved
Hey guys! We need to postpone our wedding from 5/2020 to possibly 4/2021. Is that too far away? I was wondering if anyone’s doing the same.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Nicole, on March 19, 2020 at 10:45 AM
  • Paula
    Savvy November 2021
    Paula ·
    • Flag
    You do what works for you! I postponed my date from 4.4.2020 to 12.06.2020 but I didn’t want to push it back an entire year.
  • E
    Dedicated May 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    Hey! 🙋‍♀️Our wedding is 5/16/20. If we postpone, we are looking at April/May 2021 dates.
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    Totally up to you. I looked at the calendar for the rest of the year, and knew I wanted October or later. And I looked at next March like "fool me once, shame on you..."
  • Laree's
    Devoted May 2022
    Laree's ·
    • Flag
    Mine was May 1st 2020 and is now May 1st 2021. You do what you gotta do. It’s not ideal and I didn’t want to postpone that long but I didn’t have very many options. I’m just happy my venue and all my vendors are working with me and just transferring the money already paid. I will be paying extra now since I went from a Friday to a Saturday but even then the venue came down on price for me with that too, so there’s that. Good luck I hope you find a date that works for you.
  • Rachel
    Savvy May 2020
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    SAME! MAY 4, 2020 to May 4, 2021. We are civilly married already, this is our church wedding. We have international travelers, so it's safer to just push it back with all this uncertainty.
  • Nicole
    Super August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

Worst case scenario, if we had to push our date to next year, the pros would be we would have more time to save money and more time to plan. Cons would be we've been looking forward to being married this year on the date we chose as well as a lot of our friends and family. It really depends on you and if your venue and vendors can accommodate your new date. A year can go by really fast so maybe it won't seem so far away.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics