We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

M
Dedicated August 2020

Postponing August Wedding

Morgan, on March 26, 2020 at 3:14 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 14
Saved Save
Reply

My wedding is scheduled for August 1, 2020. Should I be worried? Should I postpone my wedding for the Fall?? Any input would be great!

14 Comments

  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

    I would hold off postponing for now. August is still a good ways away and the pandemic could be under control by then.

    • Reply
  • M
    Dedicated August 2020
    Morgan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    My bridal shower is scheduled for June 20th and my Bachelorette trip is scheduled for June 26th. Should I cancel those??

    • Reply
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Where is your bachelorette?
    Again, I would still hold off for a bit longer. I’m not sure where you live, but I know they are hoping to have things semi-back to normal by May.
    • Reply
  • M
    Dedicated August 2020
    Morgan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    It's a weekend in South Lake Tahoe.

    • Reply
  • Nicole
    Super August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

    Also getting married August 1st, we're not making any decisions until June/July. A lot can happen in the next few months.

    • Reply
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

    There is so much that can happen during that time frame. I would hold off making any decisions right now.

    • Reply
  • S
    Dedicated July 2020
    Shannon ·
    • Flag
    My bachelorette is June 6th, wedding July 11th. We're not cancelling anything yet and waiting until a little closer to time to decide. A lot can change (for the better 🤞) between now and then.
    • Reply
  • A
    Devoted December 2020
    Anais ·
    • Flag
    Are you getting married in Tahoe or just having a weekend there?
    Just wondering cause I’m getting married there haha.
    I’d wait for your June and August plans for now though.
    • Reply
  • M
    Dedicated August 2020
    Morgan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My bachelorette trip is in Tahoe the last weekend in June.
    • Reply
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag

    I would also hold off before i make plans to change the wedding. but if it makes you feel more assured about having a contingency plan then it's not bad for if you want to at least call your vendors and venue to see what you can do if you postponed and what your options are.

    • Reply
  • M
    Dedicated August 2020
    Morgan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I was just wanting to get an idea before I have to order the invitations in April so I can send them out in May.
    • Reply
  • Rebecca
    Rockstar August 2019
    Rebecca Online ·
    • Flag

    As everyone else is saying, hold tight, but keep talking to your vendors.

    That said, we have a discussion with the help you need!

    We don't know what August is going to look like, but it's always good to have some back ups planned.

    • Reply
  • Wendy
    Super August 2020
    Wendy ·
    • Flag
    My wedding is August 08th and I am not canceling anything right now. I’m waiting for June/July to make a decision..
    • Reply
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    I would still hold off a bit. Keep an eye on the news and have whoever is in charge of planning your bach party stay on top of things as far as closures go in Tahoe

    • Reply

Comment on this discussion

×

Related articles