Meghan
Just Said Yes August 2021

Postpone or wait it out

Meghan, on March 18, 2020 at 9:33 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 7
Saved
Reply
So I’m supposed to be getting married 5-16-20. Trying to figure out if I should just postpone now or wait until mid April to make a decision and see what new information comes out about COVID-19

7 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on March 20, 2020 at 6:33 PM
  • Nefetera
    VIP March 2015
    Nefetera ·
    • Flag
    I would wait till April to decied. That's my determination
    • Reply
  • R
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    Ahhh this is me too and I’m STRESSED. I hate being so unsure since we’re right outside that 8 week time period the CDC said no gatherings over 50 people. I’m nervous that if we postpone too soon, things will be fine by then and it’ll be heartbreaking. I just want to know one way or the other!
    • Reply
  • Meghan
    Just Said Yes August 2021
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I know. I feel the same way. Right now Massachusetts, where I am getting married, is not gatherings over 10 people.
    • Reply
  • Kaitlyn
    Devoted May 2020
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Flag

    We're May 23rd and I'm going to wait until my shower on April 18th to see what I want to do. I mostly feel the most nervous about the decorations and flowers that I still haven't ordered and if they would even come in time. I don't want to postpone, but I realized yesterday that if this gets worse and they shut down courthouses/clerks offices, we wouldn't be able to get our marriage license. In our state they're good for 60 days and we're still 66 days out so we haven't gotten it yet.

    Aaaaaannnddddd....my MOH just told me that her parents want to postpone the shower (it was being hosted at their home) which I totally understand because we all have elderly and immunocompromised loved ones we don't want to risk getting ill.

    • Reply
  • Karen
    Beginner May 2020
    Karen ·
    • Flag
    Hello Meghan, we are also May 16th (in Maine) and we are on track to go ahead. The truth is no one knows what is going to happen with this thing. The uncertainty causes so much stress and anxiety. My BFF who was going to co-officiate with my uncle cannot come because she lives in New Zealand...heart officially broken. I tend to get wrapped up in the "what-ifs" of anything and this is no different. My biggest what-if is related to postponing..."what-if" we postpone until August, and then there's a hurricane or the winter, and then there's a blizzard. After a full on meltdown Tuesday night, the steadiness of my FH, has led me to settle in that we are going ahead as planned. Barring our venue closing or the state of Maine stopping us...it's happening Smiley smile

    Some considerations & potential adjustments I have in mind:
    We are having an outdoor wedding & reception which we believe will make it easier for people to keep their distance as needed.
    Ask folks to sit every other chair at the ceremony.
    Give out little bags with travel size hand sanitizer & tissues.
    Have Hershey kisses available for everyone to toss to one another in lieu of a hug.
    Switch from a buffet to plated meal (depending on cost & what vendor says).
    Seat less people at each table. (depending on final count)

    Overall, I trust my guests to make their own decisions and we will respect what anyone decides. We do hope to somehow live stream for my girl in NZ and maybe others. I keep saying I won't look at these comments anymore because it increased majorly my anxiety the other day. So many opinions and some judgment. I hope we can all encourage each other!!! I encourage everyone to get the news you use to make decisions from places like the CDC, WHO. Holding you all up in prayer through such a challenging time. Stay safe! No matter what...you are beautiful and you are in love. Celebrate that! Smiley smile
    • Reply
  • A
    Dedicated April 2021
    Allyson ·
    • Flag

    I'm was supposed to be getting married 5/9 and I rescheduled this past week. My invitations were supposed to go out Monday and we luckily held them! I think people wouldn't have RSVPd or would've been too scared to come. Plus, my sister is pregnant and my grandparents are 90 so I didn't want to put them in risk.

    • Reply
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

    Hi Megan! You're definitely not the only one stressed about this!!

    We've started gathering helpful resources in our COVID-19 Wedding Support Central, and you can connect with other May brides in these discussions:

    May 16 brides---what Next Due to Coronavirus?

    May brides and your plan of action?


    Thinking of you! Smiley heart

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics