C
Beginner June 2021

Post poned wedding

Casandra, on April 8, 2020 at 4:33 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 6
Saved
Well it finally happened we had to post pone our june 19 wedding to august 21st. At first I was completely heartbroken and worried about our vendors responses. Our vendors were all understanding,and willing to work with us. So we start our countdown back a bit but all of our family is happy with this decsion as well. Our familes health was our biggest concern. So praying our day goes as planned now. New date august 21 2020.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Gina, on April 13, 2020 at 10:03 PM
  • Lisa
    Expert October 2021
    Lisa
    • Flag

I'm sorry you had to postpone! It sounds like you made the right decision based off your families reaction.

• Cassie
    Savvy August 2020
    Cassie
    • Flag
    We just postponed our May 31st date to August 16th. 馃様 I never thought this would happen. We were also concerned about our friends and families health. A lot of them are out of state so we didn鈥檛 think they would feel comfortable traveling so soon and it would feel too rushed if this ban gets lifted on 5/1. I was scared of my vendors responses too.
  • Shona
    Beginner September 2021
    Shona
    • Flag

Ours was 9th May this year and now its postponed until 15th May next year. I'm glad your vendors have worked with you. Most of ours have. Stay safe and I hope you are able to have your wedding on your new date.

• Katie
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Katie
    • Flag
    Postponed my August 15th Wedding 馃様 I'm certain the day will still be impacted in some way and we cant risk that. We were very aware of making an early decision for a good date next year, which we now have. 1st May 2021 which is a Saturday and all vendors available. Me and my fiance live separately so even if the day could happen, we cant see each other during the weeks of lockdown so we lose out on so much planning and preparation. I'm devastated but also so relieved.
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha
    • Flag

Sorry You Had To Postpone! Use This Extra Time To Prepare And Finish Up Any Last Minute Details If There Are Any. You Will Have A Great Wedding Im Sure! Good Luck! Smiley heart

• Gina
    WeddingWire Administrator April 2021
    Gina
    • Flag

Hi Cassandra,

I'm so sorry you had to change your plans, but I'm so glad you've locked down a new date!! BOpClAR83wqJF1bFtFERgypV_BICZsbBvwcIMhTa

Stay positive and hang in there!! You've bought yourself a lot more time and hopefully more peace of mind!

Sending lots of love your way!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics