BridalGirl24
Expert October 2017

Parents at bachelorette/bachelor?

BridalGirl24, on June 12, 2017 at 6:08 PM

Posted in Etiquette and Advice 49

Do parents typically get invited to the bachelor or bachelorette?

Do parents typically get invited to the bachelor or bachelorette?

49 Comments

• Jackie
    Expert May 2017
    Jackie ·
    • Flag

It's completely up to you. My dad went to my 2 brother's bachelor parties. My mom went to my SIL bachelorette party. I invited her to mine but she declined because MIL also declined. She didn't want to be the only old one. (Her words not mine)

• Mrs. Coakley
    Master June 2017
    Mrs. Coakley ·
    • Flag

My mom was at mine and had a great time! FH's dad also went to his. It depends on your relationship!

• Munchkin9218
    Master September 2018
    Munchkin9218 ·
    • Flag

It really depends. We are currently wondering about this bc my Father mentioned recently that both my grandfathers (his father and my mothers father) were invited to his bachelor party. So he seems to think that he will be invited to DF's Bachelor party. It really just depends on your relationship with your parents/inlaws.

• W
    Expert August 2017
    WKC ·
    • Flag

I am inviting my mom, aunt, and FMIL to everything. I think it will be awesome.

• Nonna T
    Master April 2014
    Nonna T ·
    • Flag

I have been invited and almost always decline, unless to buy a round and duck out.

Now, my mom? Yeah, she'd make the party.

• Kirstie819
    Super August 2017
    Kirstie819 ·
    • Flag

My mom is coming to mine, but my mom are super close. I've been to sex toy parties with her so no problem drinking out of a penis straw in front of her. My FFIL and stepdad are going to my FH bachelor party. My FH is really excited, he and my step dad are "bros" ( neither of them fall into the stereotype of bro, but the term fits )

• MrsOtoBe
    VIP October 2017
    MrsOtoBe ·
    • Flag

Up to you honestly. I've been to some where they are in attendance and others where they are not. My mom, FMIL and two other women closer to their age that I'll be asking my MOH to invite for part of the festivities.

• Marie
    Marie ·
    • Flag
    I am 46 years old. Have a great relationship with all 3 of my grown kids. I have had the honor of attending my nieces bachelorette parties with my sister in laws, the bride’s mothers. Yesterday, my daughter attended her own bachelorette party. It was super tame… vineyard tastings, dinner and an overnight stay at a local hotel. The festivities took place 10 miles from my home.. I have never felt more hurt to have been excluded. I would have been satisfied with an invite to the dinner only. My daughter and I always joke about being bffs. I can honestly say, I believe I have grossly overestimated the closeness she feels to me. I did not ask her to go because I would never want to put her in an uncomfortable position to have to tell me no… but I feel hurt. Paying for her wedding in its entirety, for her shower in its entirety, her dress, etc… kind of a slap in the face

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics