BridalGirl24
Expert October 2017

Parents at bachelorette/bachelor?

BridalGirl24, on June 12, 2017 at 6:08 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 49
Saved

Do parents typically get invited to the bachelor or bachelorette?

49 Comments

Latest activity by Marie, on September 19, 2021 at 7:44 AM
  • RealLindseyO
    Master October 2017
    RealLindseyO ·
    • Flag

Not in my experience.

• BridalGirl24
    Expert October 2017
    BridalGirl24 ·
    • Flag

That's what I thought

• EngineerInLove
    VIP September 2018
    EngineerInLove ·
    • Flag

Typically no, I was at one last year where MOB and her sister (bride's aunt) were invited. They stayed in a separate Airbnb, went to dinner and drinks with us, but otherwise did their own thing and treated it like a girls weekend away. Because this MOB is very fun and relaxed it was fine and the bride wanted to invite the , but I would NOT want my mother at my bachelorette personally.

• BridalGirl24
    Expert October 2017
    BridalGirl24 ·
    • Flag

That's how I feel!

• Natalie
    VIP June 2017
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

Are you comfortable with your mum watching you drink out of a penis straw?

• FutureSeñoraR
    Super July 2017
    FutureSeñoraR ·
    • Flag

My mom and fmil will be at the dinner part of the night. Then they'll go home and the rest of us will go out. I wanted them to be included for at least part of it but not all night. (I also have underage bridesmaids and wanted them to be able to come to part too)

• L
    Dedicated September 2017
    Lindsey ·
    • Flag

Lol my mom was surprised when I told her she wasn't invited to the bachelorette party! I told her that she was invited to the bridal shower, but would absolutely not be seeing my wearing a veil with light up wieners on it!!

• Sos0033
    VIP September 2017
    Sos0033 ·
    • Flag

Up to you. My mother won't be at mine, but I went to a bachelorette party for FH's cousin where the moms and all the aunts were invited (including my FMIL). It was a riot- they were all for drinking through penis straws.

• Beachy
    VIP November 2017
    Beachy ·
    • Flag

My mom used to be a stripper so when we had my bachelorette party for my first wedding, she was all over it. She had us doing blow job shots and everything.

She and I don't see eye to eye and won't be in attendance for my upcoming wedding.

• C&N
    Super October 2017
    C&N ·
    • Flag

Usually no, but I have been to a few where the moms/aunts were invited for the first part of the day. For one, they were invited to the spa and dinner, then left while everyone else went out and stayed in a hotel. For another, they just came to dinner.

• Sarah
    Super September 2017
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

Typically no. I've seen a few cases where the party went wine tasting during the day and a few older women (MOB, aunts, etc) tagged along but left before the night activities.

My mom is like one of my best friends and we are very close and will go out for drinks and happy hour but my friends and I drink way too much more than I am comfortable drinking with my mother around. Also, no clue what inappropriate activities or props will be included.

• #FitzforaKing
    Dedicated August 2017
    #FitzforaKing ·
    • Flag

Typically no, but it depends on what you're doing.

My sisters took me out for dinner/ drinks and one of those paint and sip nights. My mom and FMIL were invited and we had a nice time.

• Megan
    Super October 2018
    Megan ·
    • Flag

My mom and her sisters will be invited to mine. My family likes to drink and party so it will not be weird with them there. Plus, I'm not into the whole strippers and penis everywhere thing so if wouldn't matter anyways.

• reirei
    Super June 2017
    reirei ·
    • Flag

I've been to only 1 bachelorette party where the moms were invited. It was a paint and wine night and it was nice.

My mom will not be at mine. I know she would love to go, but I am definitely not comfortable with mom there while I'm out with girls my age drinking and partying.

• caitlin
    Super May 2017
    caitlin ·
    • Flag

My DH's stepdad and one of his GM's dad's went to his, but it wasn't like a crazypants night at the rippers. they just all drank a buttload of scotch and watched sports. i think it depends on the tone of the evening. (my mom was nowhere near mine and i was very very happy and thankful about that, haha)

• Waren
    Expert October 2017
    Waren ·
    • Flag

I think it depends on the relationship you have with your parents. For me, having my mom at my bachelorette is a hard pass.

• Heather
    Expert June 2017
    Heather ·
    • Flag

Not usually but it's happening at mine. I don't care, she is the one I can count on to make it a party to be honest...

• Janae
    Expert May 2018
    Janae ·
    • Flag

Noooooo mom stay away lol

• love8432
    Super May 2018
    love8432 ·
    • Flag

No

• B
    Devoted July 2017
    Brea ·
    • Flag

I invited my mom. She's a hoot and i know she's make it fun! To each, their own!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics