BridalGirl24
Expert October 2017

Parents at bachelorette/bachelor?

BridalGirl24, on June 12, 2017 at 6:08 PM

Posted in Etiquette and Advice 49

Do parents typically get invited to the bachelor or bachelorette?

Do parents typically get invited to the bachelor or bachelorette?

49 Comments

• AdventuresofRuth
    VIP October 2017
    AdventuresofRuth ·
    • Flag

My mom (a fun tee-totaller who has probably never said the word "sex" in her life) is invited to the bachelorette. I don't plan on doing anything I wouldn't do any other weekend night. I would just think about what sort of behavior you're planning and decide based on that.

• KatieMBY
    VIP January 2018
    KatieMBY ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't want my parents at my bachelorette...that's just not something they need to see haha.

• Amanda
    Expert September 2017
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

My Mother and mother in law are going to mine because my mother is like my best friend and my mother in law and I are close too. And trust me my mother has saw me at my worse moments blacked out drunk and stuff so I am not worried about them being there

• 24kMagicWed
    VIP May 2017
    24kMagicWed ·
    • Flag

My mom and MIL and aunts attended mine. Both my mom and MIL are young, early 40s. My aunts are party people. I didn't see they problem, they love being part of the fun!

• Steph N.
    Super October 2018
    Steph N. ·
    • Flag

Obviously since I can't plan my own party, I don't even know if I'm having one. (I think I probably am. I can totally see my moh planning one.) if I do have one, I would absolutely want my mom and aunts there. My family is a freaking riot and we have so much fun together. I also don't imagine we'd be doing anything too risqué - lots of drinking, but probably not many penis straws. I'm close to mid 30s though, so I would personally love a party that's a little more mild. If you had asked me this 10 years ago I'd have said hell no mom, sorry!

• Bride2B2017
    Devoted August 2017
    Bride2B2017 ·
    • Flag

Oh hell no!! Do you want your FML watching you down Tequila shots? No.

• Jeanette
    Super July 2017
    Jeanette ·
    • Flag

I'm close with my mom so she's going.

• Brittany
    Devoted October 2017
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

My mom and FH's mom are invited but i know my mom will only be at the dinner before the "girls weekend" but my mom did attend all the shenanigans for my sisters party.....when we were in vegas 4.5 years ago! But our moms are always up for a good time so maybe it depends on the party situation and the moms personalities?

• Grace
    VIP June 2018
    Grace ·
    • Flag

I'm with @SOS and a few other PP's on this one, we went to my cousins Bach several years ago and all the aunts and the brides mom were invited (my mother included) and we had a fucking blast. We went out to a drag burlesque show and went out clubbing, I probably have some of the best memories of my mom from that night and several of my aunts. Definitely a know your crowd thing because I know some people who would be mortified to have a night out with their mom on that level.

• V2O
    VIP January 2018
    V2O ·
    • Flag

FH's mom and aunts all assume that they are invited. For one, I do NOT want a big party, I just want my BM's and a few close friends. They assume they're going because they were "babysitters" at FH's exSIL party. Not on my watch!

• Christina
    Devoted June 2017
    Christina ·
    • Flag

My Mom and Grandma came to dinner for my bachelorette party and then the rest of us split off to do our thing afterwards

• Stephanie
    Super May 2018
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

We took my best friends mom along with us to her bachelorette party and had a blast. Mom got a lap dance and everything. I think it depends on mom's sense of humor and relationship

• Katelina1
    VIP June 2017
    Katelina1 ·
    • Flag

My mom came to mine, penis straws and all lol. I'm in my late 30s and have 2 kids so she's obviously not under any false impressions that I'm terribly innocent lol. We even played dirty pictionary!!! LOL this is all of us, my mom is at the far right...

• FutureLivi
    VIP June 2017
    FutureLivi ·
    • Flag

I've been to a one where the parents were there. Typically, no. My mom was not at mine!

• EndofaDarrah
    Devoted August 2017
    EndofaDarrah ·
    • Flag

My dad will be babysitting my niece nearby so my sister can run the show as Co-MOH. But not at the party.

I don't think parents are traditionally involved

• Amelia
    Devoted October 2017
    Amelia ·
    • Flag

I'm having a B weekend with my ladies; renting a cabin on the wine trail in southern IL. I'm probably lame but totes inviting my mom and she's bringing one of her sisters in case they don't want to hang all night with us.

• Helena Handbasket
    Master February 2016
    Helena Handbasket ·
    • Flag

I really hope that I get invited when my SD gets married. There better be shots and penis straws and dirty suggestive t-shirts and I would gladly drink everyone under the table. But I am only 37 and she's 21. So maybe that makes a difference?

If I would have had a bach party I would have never suggested inviting my mom nor would she want to be invited.

It's a know your crowd situation.

• Natalie
    VIP June 2017
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

I really hope that I get invited when my SD gets married. There better be shots and penis straws and dirty suggestive t-shirts and I would gladly drink everyone under the table. '

Love it! Can you be my mum?

• L
    Expert November 2017
    Lck5002 ·
    • Flag

I am having one in FL where I live now that FSIL is talking about planning and I'm sure that FMIL will be invited--FIL's like to drink and party, and I am not a big drinker/partier so they will likely be crazier than I am. Also have told them I don't want veil, tiara, penis stuff everywhere etc so we'll see how that turns out. While I am at home for a friend's wedding, FH will be with me and we are going out with some friends from home but that will be much more low key and my mom will be there for dinner.

I went to one this past weekend though and her mom was out with us and helped to plan some of it. Her mom was also at my 21st birthday and she is pretty close with her mom so it didn't seem weird.

• Miranda
    VIP May 2017
    Miranda ·
    • Flag

My mom came! And my aunt.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics