Skip to main content
Jenna
Beginner December 2021

One week till wedding and bridesmaid doesn’t have a dress

Jenna, on December 4, 2021 at 3:57 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 27

I’m getting married on Saturday. I started planning my wedding about a year and a half ago and gave my bridesmaids directions to buy floorlength wine red dresses. All of my bridesmaids have their dresses except for one who has not purchased one. She now does not have time to order one online. I am...
I’m getting married on Saturday. I started planning my wedding about a year and a half ago and gave my bridesmaids directions to buy floorlength wine red dresses. All of my bridesmaids have their dresses except for one who has not purchased one. She now does not have time to order one online. I am actually starting to panic given that she needs to have this dress purchased and fitted by saturday. Am I being unreasonable?

27 Comments

• Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    It’s the holiday season. So I’m sure she can find a floor-length dress in a department store or other store (probably even on Amazon). I wouldn’t bother having it fitted though.
  • Alyssa
    Super December 2021
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Sounds like being a bridesmaid isn't a priority to her. She can be a guest instead and wear whatever she wants.

• Kristen
    Expert October 2021
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

Yikes! First of all, how has it taken her a year and a half to get the dress? Was she in financial trouble, or was she just a slacker? I certainly hope she's found something by now. David's Bridal has a nice collection of bridesmaid dresses on sale right now, many of which are both long AND wine-colored. If I'm reading the timestamp correctly, she's now looking at two days. Frankly, that was very irresponsible of her to not shop for a dress and not to talk to you sooner about it. I'm hoping maybe she could at least get something half-decent off the rack. If there's a DB nearby, I'd send her there first. JCPenney often has nice dresses this time of year, especially in darker colors that are made for formal holiday parties. I'm sure they could also serve as last-minute bridesmaid dresses. Good luck to both of you!

• Veronica
    Just Said Yes May 2022
    Veronica ·
    • Flag

Sorry you can't be in the party anymore, you're supposed to help me.. not stress me out. bye

• Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hopefully she was able to find a dress by now? Did everything end up working out?
  • P
    Dedicated April 2023
    Peyton ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, I am dying to know too! What happened? Did she get a dress?

• Jenna
    Beginner December 2021
    Jenna ·
    • Flag
    Ultimately, the bridesmaid bought a dress which I personally hated and also didn’t fit her well but I let it slide. Fingers crossed the pictures turn out ok.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics