Christina
Devoted February 2020

Omg! Need to vent about bridesmaids

Christina, on October 29, 2019 at 11:27 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 9
Saved
I bought my dress online and found the perfect bridesmaids dress to match. They both have the same black lace appliques to tie the look together. I was OBSESSED with the look. I sent the link for the dress to my girls MONTHS ago. They all procrastinated. My sister ordered hers a few weeks ago and got the dress in the mail. The other 2 still haven't ordered theirs.

My sister sent me a picture of the dress and instead of the dark silver it was supposed to be, it was super light. It looked WHITE in the picture. I freaked out. I cried at my desk. Then I went online to look at the dress and see if maybe she just ordered the wrong color. THE DRESS IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!! My other bridesmaids still haven't ordered theirs.

I'm pissed because had they ordered the dress when I first sent them the link, we would have known about the issue with plenty of time to send the dresses back and return them for a darker color.

I know there's still plenty of time (96 days!) But I'm freaking out. I planned so much around those dresses. I specifically picked my dress instead of another I was considering because it matches this dress. I picked the guys suits to be grey instead of black to match this dress. I picked the flower girls' dress TO MATCH THIS DRESS! It all revolves around the dark silver and the black lace.

I know we'll figure something out. My sister can return her dress and we can find something else that will work. I'm just stressed and upset that they waited so long.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Attached: What was planned vs what my sister received.

Omg! Need to vent about bridesmaids 1

Omg! Need to vent about bridesmaids 2

9 Comments

Latest activity by Maria, on October 31, 2019 at 3:09 PM
  • Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Have you tried researching the dress online to see if you can find the correct color from another store?

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

I understand being disappointed that the dress is no longer available, but asking your bridesmaids to order dresses so far in advance is a little much. This is why people wait until closer to the wedding to make dress selections, because things go out of stock or are discontinued.

• Christina
    Devoted February 2020
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I did a quick search and it doesn't seem to be available. I'm at work, so I can't do too much right now. My bridesmaids have sent me a few links with alternate options though. I'm leaning towards this one, but want to search a bit on my own after work.

Omg! Need to vent about bridesmaids 3
  • Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

When you get off work, do some more searching. Maybe you will get lucky and find it somewhere. But otherwise, I think this one is a great option. The colors appear to be the same and it is a great price.

• M
    Expert September 2020
    Marcia ·
    • Flag
    That dress is really pretty too. I hope you find something you really like that will work
  • Alisha
    Savvy September 2021
    Alisha ·
    • Flag

You might be able to search a similar if not exactly the same dress by searching the bar code on google.

Also, the worse case will be you pick another dress with same color but no dark patterns on there. It would still look very nice.

• Shelby
    Expert November 2020
    Shelby ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree that I like this dress as well. They are both nice though. I get your disappointment too, I would be disappointed if I sent something to someone long ago to get so that way this type of problem wouldn’t occur.. my girls are all going to be wearing different styles of dress but the same color. FH sister will be here in a couple weeks and even though our wedding will be exactly a year out from the day we shop I still want to find her dress now because she lives on the other side of the country and I want to see the dress on her in person.
    I hope you find what you were looking for! 😊
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

This does seem early to order the dress, did they know it would go out of stock if they didn't order it? Two of my bridesmaids didn't order their dress from Azazie until less than 3 months out. Can you just pick a more neutral dress, then tie them together with a lace shawl or lace shoes?

• Maria
    Super October 2019
    Maria ·
    • Flag

I actually like this alternate dress better. I think the other one looks too close to your gown and won't allow you to stand out as much. This does a good job of complimenting still. Hope it works out for you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics