Emily
Savvy October 2019

October Honeymooners

Emily, on September 26, 2018 at 5:50 PM Posted in Honeymoon
Anyone looking to book their honeymoon in October? Where’s everyone going? We have a few ideas but I’m open to anything! Bring on the recommendations!
Share:

60 Comments

• A
    Savvy October 2018
    Ashleigh ·
    We are going to Maui, Hawaii!
    October 21st- 28th. Can't wait! It is supposed to be 80's the whole stay.
    We wanted to do carribean at first, but have to be careful because October us during hurricane season!
    Happy Honeymoon searching! 😊
  • FutureBrewer
    Dedicated October 2018
    FutureBrewer ·
    We are road tripping up along Lake Superior: cathedral Pines, apostle islands, Duluth. Keeping it very simple with only a rough outline so we can just go where the wind blows us!
  • Shayla
    Devoted October 2018
    Shayla ·
    We booked our week long honeymoon for mid-October. We are getting married October 13th, and we fly out for our honeymoon bright and early October 14th. We are going to an all inclusive, adults only resort in Jamaica! I. Cant. Wait.
  • Mrs. Paula Esparza
    Expert October 2018
    Mrs. Paula Esparza ·
    We are taking our honeymoon in two places. The first week we will be in the Georgia mountains in a beautiful cabin. The second week in the amazing city of St. Augustine in Florida.
  • Emily
    Savvy October 2019
    Emily ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg my fiancé and I lived in Saint Augustine FL for about 3 years while he went to graduate school there. Unfortunately all of our family is in the PA/MD area so we moved back up after he graduated but I try to convince him every day to move back to St Aug! Have you ever been to St Aug?? If you need I have a ton of great recommendations for food/drinks, etc!
  • Mrs. Paula Esparza
    Expert October 2018
    Mrs. Paula Esparza ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Emily! That would be amazing. We have never been and would love some great recommendations! Very sweet of you to offer
  • Nicole
    Dedicated October 2019
    Nicole ·
    We are doing a Caribbean cruise next October.
  • Melissa
    Expert October 2018
    Melissa ·
    Hawaii for a week at Aulani Disney Resort. Can't wait!
  • Emily
    Savvy October 2019
    Emily ·
    View Quoted Comment

Okay so probably the biggest draw in St Aug is the historic downtown area. It’s all very walkable. St George Street is a street that has a ton of little shops, restaurants and bars. My favorite spots near that area are Prohibition Kitchen (good food, great drinks and they usually have live music in the evenings), Pizza Time (they were voted 2nd best pizza in the US by Trip Advisor a couple years back), Harry’s Seafood (more Cajun/seafood with a great outdoor seating area), if you like coffee: The Kookaburra is a great small coffee shop. We LOVE this place called the Tini Martini Bar. It’s actually a bed and breakfast but the front porch has several small tables for drinks in the evenings. This place gets pretty packed on the weekends. But they have the best martinis! I also love The Floridian. It’s more of an eclectic restaurant with new Southern food. I swear I read the menu and have no idea what I’m ordering but everything I’ve ever gotten tastes amazing!!

While downtown, you can book a ticket for a trolley ride. Actually one ticket I’m pretty sure is good for like 3 days! It’s pretty touristy but it drives all around downtown st Aug and has like 20 different stops at various historical sites from the morning to late afternoon. And the drivers give you a history lesson while you’re driving. I would recommend the Distillery tour but they’ll give you a map of all the stops and you can map out what you wanna see! It would honestly take several days to stop and see ALL the stops. You can also tour the large historic fort that sits right on the water, Castillo de San Marcos. Great spot for photos!

If you’re near St Augustine beach, my favorite places near the beach are Cafe Eleven (they have a great brunch buffet Sat/Sun), Burrito Works Taco Shop (they have a location downtown as well but the one by the beach is better!). It looks like a total hole in the wall place with just a couple picnic tables outside BUT they have this amazing item called the Mexican UFO. It’s a MUST while you’re there! If you want to eat ON the beach, Beachcomber is a great little bar! Salt Life Food Shack is near the beach and is a big draw for tourists. I personally would take the Taco Shop over Salt Life but Salt life’s exterior is super appealing and the food is pretty good. You can also rent bikes to ride on the beach which is so fun. A couple places do paddle board tours as well!

Lastly my all time favorite restaurant in St Augustine is Caps on the Water. It’s actually closer to Villano Beach so it’s a little bit of a drive but they have incredible outdoor seating on the water! Unfortunately it’s always super packed and they don’t take reservations so I’d be prepared to wait.

Sore this is super long but I hope this helps!! I just love this place so much and I hope you love it as much as I do! Let me know if you have any other questions!!

• Nicole
    Dedicated October 2018
    Nicole ·
    We are going to Iceland and hopefully getting to see the northern lights!
  • H
    Just Said Yes October 2018
    Heather ·
    We're going to Ireland!! It'll be perfect fall weather- mid 50/60's ...bring on the boots, scarves, and sweaters!
  • Emily
    Savvy October 2019
    Emily ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg Ireland is beautiful! I’ve been there just once before. What city will you be staying in while you’re there?
  • Emily
    Savvy October 2019
    Emily ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I had a friend who just went to Iceland and said how beautiful it was! Hope you have an amazing time!
  • Mrs. Paula Esparza
    Expert October 2018
    Mrs. Paula Esparza ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank You, this is awesome!

• Lisa
    Devoted October 2018
    Lisa ·
    We are going to pigeon forge TN. Fh rented us a cabin in the mountains!
  • A
    Savvy October 2018
    Amy ·
    We are going to Prague!
  • Laura
    Dedicated October 2018
    Laura ·

Disney world, Universal, then a western Caribbean cruise

• Emily
    Savvy October 2019
    Emily ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow Laura sounds like you guys will be doing a lot of different things! Hope you have so much fun!
  • Emily
    Savvy October 2019
    Emily ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh that’s so different, I feel like you don’t hear many people going to Prague for their honeymoon. Sounds wonderful!
  • Across The Stars
    Devoted October 2019
    Across The Stars ·
    We're looking at Caribbean resorts! Leaning toward the Bahamas right now

Comment on this discussion