We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

TMNT Bride
Super October 2016

NWR: Show us your tats! (And tell us the meaning...)

TMNT Bride, on May 27, 2016 at 9:38 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 86
Saved Save

I love seeing tattoos and hearing about their special meanings. So let's see them and hear about them!

My tattoo is a memorial for my best friend who died in a car accident when we were in high school. I didn't just want the typical memorial tattoo with a name and date and a cross or butterfly or angel wings. I wanted something that was significant to us. So I chose our two favorite animals and had a mutual friend design the main part of the tattoo. The words say "Friends are impossible to forget" in German because we took German together and were actually doing an independent Germany study together the semester that her accident happened.

86 Comments

• Sara
    Master April 2017
    Sara ·
    • Flag

That tattoo is awesome and I love the meaning of it.

Don't have any myself but love the artistry and meanings behind most of them.

• Chloe
    Super October 2015
    Chloe ·
    • Flag

I got this with my husband on our honeymoon. It's my favorite right now. I know, I know, everybody has given me their two cents about us having matching tattoos. The artist that did them is amazing. It sucks that he's two hours away because I will be using him forever!

• BecomingBailey
    VIP August 2016
    BecomingBailey ·
    • Flag

Novak I LOVE that 2nd tattoo!

Here's one of a bunch of mine. But my favorite, nonetheless. It's a lyric from a Rise Against song. It says "how we survive is what makes us who we are". One of two music tattoos I have. I love all of my tattoos even though some don't have meaning and we're from being young and really enjoying the feeling of a tattoo needle haha but I got them all for a reason at the time. No ragrets. Hahahah

• Rachel Anne
    Expert May 2017
    Rachel Anne ·
    • Flag

The top left is a version of the Capricorn symbol, bottom left is just because I love Harry Potter, and the right is the start to my floral half sleeve

• UnderTheJuneWillows
    VIP June 2016
    UnderTheJuneWillows ·
    • Flag

This is a tribute piece to my parents. The top date is their wedding day, the bottom is the day my dad died and they were reunited. They were married for 28 years (until my mom passed in 2003). The wedding bands intentionally look beat-up. They had a really rough marriage at times, and got battered and bruised, but they worked through it. My mom was a fiery Aries, and my dad was a Leo, thus the lion's tail and the fire shading. I have 3 others, two of them covers. One cover was to hide the emblem that represented my ex husband in a family tattoo. I change the arrow of Sagittarius to vines and flowers.

ETA: math

• Chloe
    Super October 2015
    Chloe ·
    • Flag

@Rachel I love the flower to the start of you sleeve. I want to get a half sleeve because I've gotten three on the lower half of my left arm. I just don't know how to tie them all together.

• Uny Bride
    Super June 2016
    Uny Bride ·
    • Flag

Couldn't pass this one up...I'm covered! You can see my flamingo pretty good in this one and park of my peacock. I don't have any real meaning behind these ones except I love big birds.

• patches
    Super June 2016
    patches ·
    • Flag

My best friend since 12 passed away 10 years ago, he left behind my 4 goddaughters. He promised to give me away at my wedding if I ever got married. Anyways he was a skater and nicknamed Casper so I got this...

• SoontobeMrsO
    Super May 2016
    SoontobeMrsO ·
    • Flag

To the end faithful. Got this 6 years ago. I have another but this one is my favorite, im definitely ready to get more.

• Rachel Anne
    Expert May 2017
    Rachel Anne ·
    • Flag

@Chloe- that's a problem I've been having when trying to figure out what kind of flowers to add in. I'm just afraid the one I started with is too big

• N
    Master November 2015
    NenaBear ·
    • Flag

O&S has boobies on the brain!!

Downloading pics, I'll be back with tats in a min :-)

• TMNT Bride
    Super October 2016
    TMNT Bride ·
    • Flag

I'm loving these tats! Definitely giving me the itch for more ink!

• patches
    Super June 2016
    patches ·
    • Flag

This is my daughters, I got when she was born. I'm waiting to put more around it that is about her. So far she has said butterflies (okay by me) and a Phantom of the Opera mask. It'll grow as she does. Edt: pic didnt post

• Miss.MtoMrs..K
    Master October 2016
    Miss.MtoMrs..K ·
    • Flag

Well if you seen my post y'all know I have 3 ... One currently working on getting it half removed 18 do what I want phase. The one on my neck is a triangle each corner is my astrological sign my brother and my moms on top and they are all connected. Last one is when I took the leap of faith to move from my home town to nj to be with FH. It's just a reminder to always have faith in your decisions at least that's what it means for me.sorry back is not a good picture mobile.

• Miss.MtoMrs..K
    Master October 2016
    Miss.MtoMrs..K ·
    • Flag

Wrist

• H
    VIP March 2017
    Hammie ·
    • Flag

I danced for about 15 years growing up. Mostly ballet and pointe. It was a huge part of my life! I still wish I could get back into it!

• JamieLynn
    Master June 2016
    JamieLynn ·
    • Flag

This is my tiny one and only. I'm an Iowa Hawkeye fan for life.

ETA - it's on my foot. My sis and I got matching ones on the same day. Her's ended up looking squished, and resembles some sort of stubby mushroom. :I

• nautiwife
    VIP July 2016
    nautiwife ·
    • Flag

Here's my shark I got 5 1/2 years ago. I always wanted tattoos and this was the first. It is a drawing I did. My roommate and I were supposed to go on a boat trip to collect some fish and the boat didn't work so instead we got tattoos. Lol.

• taneisha23
    Devoted September 2016
    taneisha23 ·
    • Flag

This is kind of an awkward picture, lol. This is the largest and most recent of mine. I got it 7 years ago (and its been touched up once), its a forget-me-not and three initials "NMN" that represent three traumatic deaths in my life that happened in a 5 month span. I also have an ankh on the back of my neck I got for my 20th birthday and two tiny tattoos on the inside of my heels that I got when I was 18.

• Bridget
    Expert November 2016
    Bridget ·
    • Flag

I have 10 tattoos right now. I'm on mobile and won't kill everyone of boredom with a bunch of pics but here's a breakdown- a Florida Gators emblem and the words 'Florida Gators' on my right foot. I'm a die hard gator fan and I was born in Gainesville. I have a few ford mustang tats (all over my back) because I'm beyond obsessed with the mustang and always have been its

my absolute biggest passion in my life. I have the word ford on the inner part of my upper arm. A Shelby cobra on my left side, and a celestial moon and stars on my right hip area <---that's my 18 and whatever tat lol. =)

Comment on this discussion

Related articles