We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Veronica
Expert August 2020

Not going with a vendor?

Veronica, on June 4, 2019 at 11:04 AM Posted in Planning 0 4
Saved Save
Hi everyone as per my previous post I have t decided to go with my gut and hire the hair stylist who has been responsive and already put a deposit down towards wedding day of hair but how do I tell the other hair stylist I’m not going with her anymore? I always feel like im hurting their feelings and I take it too personal especially since she did my hair for my engagement photos should I feel bad I’m not going with her even though I told her I wanted her to do my wedding hair but she never sent a contract! Help how do you politely tell them you have decided to go with them?

4 Comments

• A
    Master October 2019
    Angelena ·
    • Flag

I just wouldn't say anything... It's a business. If you didn't sign a contract you don't have to say anything. I didn't respond to plenty of florists if I didn't like them, their quote, or they took too long. I vote the only time you have to say something is if you already contracted someone and you are backing out. I had to do this with my makeup artist I hired. I sent her an email saying I no longer needed her services and was doing makeup myself and that I understood I was losing the $100 deposit. I will keep it for my records since she didn't respond to it.

• Jessica
    VIP June 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

So I ended up looking into a photographer and met with them. They even drew up a contract for me. I never put any money down but they put me in and essentially saved my date because I told them we were 90% sure we would be using them. Well we ended up finding a photographer we loved even more and were more personable and we felt like they were a better fit. I never email the other people to let them know I would not be using them nor have they reached out to me since our initial visit to check in. I would just leave it be and if for whatever reason they reach out and ask whats up just tell them that something came up and you ended up going a different route.

• Courtney
    Master December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

Don't worry about it- they couldn't send you a contract in the first place- you shouldn't have to babysit someone.

• M
    Savvy June 2023
    May ·
    • Flag

Professional planner here-

Just tell them that while you were waiting to hear back from them about a contract you went with someone else. They will understand. It is a business and if they are desperate for your money they will be more responsive. If you followed your gut that's a good thing. If the old hair stylist has a problem with it then you will know your gut was right.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles