Leslie
Beginner May 2021

Northern California Wedding Photographer & Videographer Reasonable Rates

Leslie, on May 3, 2020 at 1:53 PM Posted in California Planning 0 7
Saved

I am currently on the look out for a wedding photographer and videographer in Northern California. I've met with several and received quotes, and while all of their work is lovely, their pricing is in the $3-$5k range which is a bit outside of my budget. Is this the going rate for these services in this area or should I keep looking?

If this is the average, are there points of negotiation where I could work down the price? Several have kindly offered to adjust their packages and have negotiated things down a bit, but looking for any additional tips!

Thank you Smiley smile

7 Comments

Latest activity by Molly, on May 12, 2020 at 2:14 PM
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    Yes that’s the going rate in the area. If you’re wanting to spend less I’d look for someone who doesn’t have a ton of experience or opt for less hours of coverage.
  • Marissa
    Expert October 2020
    Marissa ·
    • Flag
    I live in northern CA and I was able to find a fantastic photographer for $1000 (she had a special going on). Here's her website: https://www.rachelfawnphoto.com/ if you're interested. She's located in Pollock Pines so I'm not sure what city you're in. I found her through a wedding Facebook group that I joined and just asked for recommendations in my area! So I would say keep looking! Good luck!
  • Karla
    Super February 2020
    Karla ·
    • Flag
    I’m in California and what you’re seeing is average. I saw most packages ran from $3k-8k depending on the amount of hours and number of shooters. I agree with Kelly, look for someone that either has less experience (if you’re working with a very limited budget— try finding a local film student) or opt for less hours of coverage.
  • Rebelle Fleur
    Rockstar July 2021
    Rebelle Fleur ·
    • Flag
    Download the Thumbtack app. It has all sorts of vendors with a great range of prices.
  • Nicole
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

I'm in the Sacramento area, I found a videographer, Last Light Pictures, for $1000 they have different packages that were perfect for what we wanted. We haven't had our wedding yet but all of their videos look beautiful!

• Ocbride2019
    Dedicated June 2019
    Ocbride2019 ·
    • Flag
    It’s pretty typical, but you can find lower if you can compromise on certain things. Sincerely Photo + Video will do both for $2,500. I know it’s not much lower, but at least isn’t not $3,000+.
    http://sincerely-photography.com/

• Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

I am in Lake County,CA and hired a photographer for the full day for $750 she was having a black Friday special. Her packages is normally 2000. Her business name is Shelbie Thompson Photography.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics