We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Beginner September 2021

Nontraditional wedding dress

, on July 11, 2020 at 3:46 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 22
Saved Save
Hi everyone!
This is my first post on WW so bear with me lol. I went to a bridal shop that was closing in my area and they had wedding dresses that were 75% off so I went to look. The bridal consultant ended up bringing me this gorgeous 2 piece ball gown that I absolutely loved on me and it was only $200 so I needed up purchasing the dress. The only reservation I have is that the dress is champagne. Not champagne with an ivory overlay, just straight champagne. I really enjoy the dress but I’m torn because I’ve always imagined myself in a ivory or white dress. My wedding is more than a year away so I have plenty of time to figure it out but I wanted to know if anyone has been in a similar dilemma? I unfortunately didn’t take a picture of myself in the dress.

22 Comments

• Reena
    Expert February 2021
    Reena ·
    • Flag
    Can you take a picture of just the dress? It sounds beautiful. I would say keep looking if you are iffy. You can potentially get a second dress and use one for the ceremony and the other for the reception.
  • Beginner September 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Nontraditional wedding dress 1I took the dress out and it was easier for me to put it on and take a picture as opposed to finding somewhere to hang it and take a picture of it in my house
  • Grace
    Beginner August 2020
    Grace ·
    • Flag
    My dress is actually champagne and I absolutely love it!! I agree w/ the previous post, if you don't love yourself in it or feel iffy then keep looking and keep this as a 2nd dress to change into! I say if it looks amazing on you then trust that you will look absolutely beautiful and save yourself some extra cash!!
  • Rebelle Fleur
    VIP January 2021
    Rebelle Fleur ·
    • Flag
    It is freakin gorgeous!!!!! My dress is champagne also. It’s your day. Wear what you want girl.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    That’s such a gorgeous gown !
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn Online ·
    • Flag

Maybe this isn't "the one" if you're set on a white gown, but this dress is BEAUTIFUL and looks so great on your skin tone.

• Jessica
    VIP September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    You look beautiful in the dress, but if it’s not the one for you keep looking. I’m sure you could sell it on a site like stillwhite and recoup what you spent. Good luck!
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

The color is absolutely stunning but if you're not 100% sold on it, then I'd definitely look for another dress. You can either wear it for your ceremony and then change to a different dress for your reception OR you can just try re-selling it online. Whichever you decide, I wish you the best of luck.

• Marisa
    VIP May 2021
    Marisa ·
    • Flag

It’s beautiful!

tenor.gif

• Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    It's a gorgeous dress. It looks great on you. My wedding gown was lavender so I was pretty non-traditional myself
  • Reena
    Expert February 2021
    Reena ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That dress is stunning on you. It goes so well with your skin tone. I can’t believe you got it for only $200!

It won’t hurt to try on a few white/ivory dresses to make sure this is the one though.
  • Erin
    Expert August 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    Get another one and use this for your reception dress so you get the best of both worlds!
  • Kimberly
    Expert October 2019
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    I think it's a beautiful dress!! I love the color too. It makes it special to you. If you like it, that's all that matters. My dress was also 2 pieces.
  • Hannah
    Rockstar July 2019
    Hannah Online ·
    • Flag
    That dress looks gorgeous on you, and it looks very bridal. However, it's ok to change your mind if you have your heart really set on white or ivory. I think it's beautiful, elegant, and bridal, but the most important thing is if you feel like a beautiful bride in it. Can you picture yourself walking down the aisle to your future spouse in that dress?
  • Samantha
    Savvy July 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

OH MY GOSH THAT SKIRT IS STUNNING!!!!!!!!

What about finding an ivory top or body suit to go with it? You get your ivory and that devine skirt? I have seen blush and champagne skirts paired with ivory or white tops and they look incredible!

• Christina
    Dedicated January 2021
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Whoa, this is gorgeous and you look amazing!

• C
    Expert November 2020
    Casey ·
    • Flag
    Hilariously- yes!! I was in this EXACT situation.

The shop even offered to let me try the dress on in ivory and I said no, but later wondered if that was a mistake and got super stressed.
    After trying it on again recently I fell in love all over again and calmed down. My advice would be to do that (carefully of course! I was queued I'd get mine dirty somehow or rip the lace 😫 so I handle it as little as possible but looking forward to getting fitted just so I can see it on and fall in love again! 😍
    Attached photo of the dress Smiley smile
    Nontraditional wedding dress 2

• Anna
    Rockstar June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    I say, dare to be different! It's beautiful! You will make a beautiful bride. It's ok to divert from the norm, makes it more memorable and special. I vote yes, to that champagne dressSmiley smile tenor.gif

Congratulations ❤
  • Beginner September 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Your dress is gorgeous! Thank you! The longer I think about it the more I feel like my reasoning for wanting to wear white or ivory is based in wanting to be “traditional” but it’s my wedding and I should do what I want!
  • C
    Expert November 2020
    Casey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Exactly! Plus champagne is really just "off white"! Your dress is gorgeous on you and if it makes you feel that way when you wear it then that's all that matters! 😄

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles