Skip to main content
Stephanie
Super August 2019

Need opinions on my dress, two weeks out!

Stephanie, on August 9, 2019 at 10:09 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 47

Ok question... I just picked up my dress Wednesday, and the dress Originally came with these thick straps that I wanted taken off. My seamstress (who Is also extended family) insisted that they stay and that I would want them. So she attached the front of the straps. So. My question is. When I look...
Ok question... I just picked up my dress Wednesday, and the dress Originally came with these thick straps that I wanted taken off. My seamstress (who Is also extended family) insisted that they stay and that I would want them. So she attached the front of the straps. So. My question is. When I look at these photos from Wednesday when I picked it up, I don’t feel the same way about the dress as I do when I look at the photos from 6 ml that ago when I tucked the straps in and basically make it strapless.. what do you guys think? Two issues. My wedding is in two weeks, so I literally would alter the strap section. Myself (I have sewn my whole like, it would t be an outrageous thing for me to mildly alter straps). The second issue is, my seamstress is my sister’s MIL, and is attending the wedding, and I don’t want to offend her by changing the dress, since she did a lot of the work on her own time as a favor to me!! But I really do think I like it strapless better.. ugh!! Options please?? Am I just overthinking this because my date is so close??

cfb_1256791.jpg

cfb_1256793.jpg

cfb_1256795.jpg

cfb_1256797.jpg

47 Comments

• Devoted August 2021
    ·
    • Flag

I think strapless looks way more flattering. More importantly it's what you prefer..It's your dress, your wedding. As nice as its is that she's doing you a favor by doing the alterations, I would insist on her making it strapless. Don't ask tell! In a nice way of course, explain to her how much you've pondered it. Tell her you feel more confident in it that way. Something to sway her.

• Denise
    Super September 2019
    Denise ·
    • Flag

I totally vote for the strapless. I would just call up your sisters MIL and tell her, thank you so much for your time and I love the dress, I was just calling to give you a heads up that I really want to make it strapless. That's what I personally would do

• Katelyn
    Devoted September 2019
    Katelyn ·
    • Flag

The strapless looks more elegant, but it still looks beautiful with the straps.

• Kaitlyn
    Savvy October 2021
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Flag

She knows you originally wanted the straps off, so she shouldn't be shocked if you go back and say you still want them off. I like it better without the straps. It's also YOUR wedding and YOUR dress and YOUR money that was spent on it. I say take the straps off if it makes you happy!

• Anita
    Dedicated December 2019
    Anita ·
    • Flag

I like it strapless too

• Jessica
    Devoted November 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Your dress your wedding!

do what makes YOU happy Smiley heart

• Keyona
    Devoted August 2020
    Keyona ·
    • Flag

Its nice both ways but i do love the strapless better.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics