Simone
Dedicated April 2020

Need Help with Tablecloths

Simone, on October 15, 2019 at 2:26 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 10
Saved Save

So, our wedding is on a rooftop--art deco meets modern kind of theme. That being said, we have been quoted $50 each for lamore tablecloths. One reason the price is so high is because we are doing rectangle tables with a floor drape. So, theyre pretty large. We only need 9, but 450 is still alot to pay for tablecloths. This is a destination wedding, so I'm not trying to buy them and steam them and all of that. I'll have too much going on. So, I'm wondering if anyone can suggest another fabric that may be cheaper than lamore? I don't need it to be shiny or anything, but it should look nice. I can't recall how polyester looks. Is that an option? We're finalizing today and I'd like to offer an alternative to the vendor myself because of course they're going to suggest the most expensive thing they have. TIA! (first pic is the table look we're going for)

0?ui=2&ik=0d5dfe4402&attid=0.7&permmsgid

Need Help with Tablecloths 1

10 Comments

• 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride ·
    • Flag

How large do you need? LinenTableCloth.com has some satin options:

https://www.linentablecloth.com/rectangular-tablecloths.html?Per_Page=12&Sort_By=bestsellers=satin<>

Even if you just bought them and disposed of them afterward, they'd be less expensive than what you're talking about.

• Simone
    Dedicated April 2020
    Simone ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We need 108 x 156. Even if I purchase them I would have no way of steaming or ironing them. We'll be in a hotel the days leading up to the wedding.

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

You could check with the hotel to see if they offer a laundry service. Alternatively, the hotel room will have an iron and ironing board you could use.

• Simone
    Dedicated April 2020
    Simone ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks. I'm trying not to put too much on myself for that day. So, I'll probably just go ahead and rent them.

• Kristal
    Expert February 2020
    Kristal ·
    • Flag

It might be a good idea to go into an event rentals company and look at options. They usually have different colors and fabric options available for you to check out. i was originally going to have my venue coordinator purchase basic table cloths until I found out my event rentals place will press them and give us color options for free as the price depends on the fabric, not the color. If nothing else, it might be worth checking one out if there are any with show rooms local to you.

• Savvy March 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    Shantung silk would be my suggestion. They are slightly shiny but are easier to press and steam than cotton. They also look amazing in pictures
  • M
    Super September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba ·
    • Flag
    What is Lamore?
  • FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

We used polyester table cloths and they were perfect. They were floor length, looked great, and they were affordable.

• Simone
    Dedicated April 2020
    Simone ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I spelled it wrong; it's actually lamour, or l'amour. They are matte satin. Smiley smile

• Simone
    Dedicated April 2020
    Simone ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh, that's nice to hear. we just want a slightly fluid look but not too shiny. would you say that fits the bill? (like the photo)

Comment on this discussion