E
Beginner June 2021

Need help deciding on veil

Emily, on January 31, 2021 at 9:05 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 22
Saved
So I bought the Prisma gown by Alexandra Grecco and am having a hard time deciding between a plain veil/bigger jewelry or a lacey veil/minimal jewelry. I don’t really have a set theme but if I had to describe the kind of vibe I’m going for, I’d say a little minimalist and a little Tuscan if that makes any sense 😂. Neutral flowers, nudes and tans and pinks. Kind of organic. The wedding is at a family friends house on the water here in MI.

I’ll attach a photo of me in the dress and a plain veil and a photo of a veil I’m considering. Need help deciding on veil 1Need help deciding on veil 2

22 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on February 2, 2021 at 12:03 PM
  • Sylvia
    Devoted September 2021
    Sylvia ·
    • Flag
    You look absolutely stunning in that dress! It is gorgeous, congrats!
    As much as I love the lace on the 2nd one, I think the plan veil adds the perfect touch of elegance. Having a simple dress, the lace would take away I think a little bit. Both would look amazing, but I love that minimalist look!🙂
    My personal opinion!
  • K
    Dedicated August 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    It depends, do you want to be all minimalistic? Or have a little more of the “bridal” look? I think the simple one looks great but if you want to add extra to the look I would do the veil with lace and minimal jewelry like a dainty bracelet
  • K
    Dedicated August 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    I don’t mean that your dress plus that veil doesn’t have a bridal look to it by the way! Just that it definitely is more of a simple look!! It looks amazing. Just depends on how you feel about it!
  • E
    Beginner June 2021
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much Sylvia! I appreciate that Smiley smile I’m kind of feeling the same but the lace is so pretty, haha
  • E
    Beginner June 2021
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Totally get what you mean! I am kind of leaning towards that traditional bridal look, just a bit more minimal?! I think picking the veil is harder than picking my dress was 😂
  • K
    Dedicated August 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Honestly if I were you I would do the lace veil then! Or look for one with something besides lace? Mine has beading on it so it’s still simple but adds a little extra
  • E
    Beginner June 2021
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’ll have to look some more and see what might look good! I go get my dress Wednesday, so I’m gonna see if they have anything with lace around the edge to try with it! The boutique I got it from
    has some amazing ones but wayyy expensive 😋
  • Molly
    Expert May 2022
    Molly ·
    • Flag

First off the dress looks great on you! I think since the dress has that simplicity look, having the lace veil gives it that more traditional bride look.

I'm also trying to figure out my veil as well with either plain or lace trim, but my dress already has a lot of lace detailing.

• Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I have that exact same #2 veil & I love it! I think it just adds to your dress.
  • E
    Beginner June 2021
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks so much girl! I know I feel like it could go either way, so tough!

I feel like more brides with lace dresses also go with a lace veil as well!?
  • E
    Beginner June 2021
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Haha what a coincidence! I agree, seeing them next to each other makes me like them together more but the other part of me says to play it safe! I guess I can’t go wrong either way 😛
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Need help deciding on veil 3
    The first veil I ordered was a plain simple veil but it was too plain. I found this one & fell in love with it !
  • E
    Beginner June 2021
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh that’s absolutely gorgeous! Definitely a great choice!
  • Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Since your dress is more simple, I would go with the lace veil! So pretty.

• Molly
    Expert May 2022
    Molly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, it could go either way.

• Hope
    Savvy April 2021
    Hope ·
    • Flag
    One additional thing to think about is wind factor—I’m getting married on a pier and decided to go with a shorter (fingertip length) veil because I didn’t want to worry about a long one blowing everywhere and getting snagged on the wooden dock. Don’t know if that will be a problem for you on the lake or not!
  • E
    Beginner June 2021
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s definitely a really good point! It can be windy where we’re doing it. I didn’t even think of that! I planned on doing a cathedral length for the ceremony and getting a shorter waist length one for the reception.
  • Ali
    Expert March 2021
    Ali ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I wanted to go with a lace veil but I ended up getting one that had beading around it to match the straps on my dress. My mother thought it would be too much lace if I went with a lace one. Personally I could see you wearing both but the lace just adds an extra something. Here is my dress for reference about what I was talking about

Need help deciding on veil 4

• E
    Beginner June 2021
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ah yeah, I can see how a lace veil may have been a bit much with all of the lace on your dress! I’m thinking the beaded one was probably perfect! But yes I agree, a little lace would give it a lil somethin’!
  • E
    Beginner June 2021
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks so much girl! Crossing my fingers the shop has one I can try with the dress tomorrow 😋

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics