Latonya
Dedicated November 2019

My wedding dress is gorgous but too small

Latonya, on July 12, 2019 at 9:50 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 4
Saved Save

I ordered my wedding dress to fit my old body, prior to weight gain. I gained a lot of weight over the last 3 years. I know this is crazy and I could be paying for it on my wedding day. So far I have lost a lot of weight but I still have 20 pounds to go to fit into this dress. My wedding is November 2nd so I have 4 months to do this. The dress arrived yesterday and it is gorgeous! I mean breathtaking. I actually ordered it online and its more beautiful than the dresses I tried on in David's Bridal. More my style!

I am turning a negative into a positive. I figured I use my efforts to try on the dress weekly as fuel and motivation to finally reach my weight loss goals. So far it is curving my cravings because I keep thinking about being dressless on my wedding day. I also started thinking if the dress fit to begin with, I'd probably get really lazy and never even try to reach my weight goals. So again that's me turning this into a positive.

Anyone do this? or am I just insane?

4 Comments

• Naikesha
    Devoted September 2020
    Naikesha ·
    I love this idea and you can do it! 20 lbs in 4 months is doable but you have the best motivation! Stay strong
  • Cyndy
    VIP May 2019
    Cyndy Online ·
    You can do this. Lots of water, exercise and a Keto diet. Good luc!
  • Megan
    VIP January 2019
    Megan Online ·
    That’s an easy timeline, you got this! Hang up a photo of your dress on your fridge and everywhere else you are tempted and rock it!
  • Chelsea
    Dedicated December 2020
    Chelsea ·
    It can be done! If you can, look into low carb/keto ! I've lost 50 pounds over a year with it. I did it slow though.. You can be strict and exercise and probably drop 20 by November. Good luck!

Comment on this discussion