We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Michelle
Dedicated August 2020

My fiance and i were possibly exposed to Covid. Our wedding is in 5 days...

Michelle, on August 4, 2020 at 6:28 AM Posted in Planning 0 26
Saved Save
Title says it all and we are devastated. We are waiting for results from the family member who came down with symptoms who we were around when he was symptomless. We are in self-isolation now and hoping it's anything else but COVID-19. He refused medical treatment until yesterday when his mom finally convinced him to go.

We honestly are burnt out and just want to get the t's crossed and i's dotted. Our license is good until the end of this month, so we have at least some time to figure things out before having to apply for a new one. But for now, it's the waiting game we didn't want to play.

26 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on August 12, 2020 at 10:58 AM
  • Margaret
    Rockstar October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

Oh No! I'm so sorry. Did you both get tested? Were there others that tested positive? I'm so sorry. Chin up, things will work out.

• Michelle
    Expert May 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

I’m so sorry to hear this! What stupid timing. I hope your tests come back negative!

• Jennifer
    Super October 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry to hear this!

Is there a testing site near you that has a 24-48 hour turnaround time and will test you with no symptoms? That way the 2 of you would know for sure whether you have it without having to wait for the family member's results? Or is it more of a thing where this family member was in contact with enough of those invited that you would postpone if they were the only ones that came back positive?

• Nefetera
    VIP March 2015
    Nefetera ·
    • Flag
    I hope your test comes back negative..
  • Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It's not enough time after exposure for the virus to show up. Even if she got one, it would be a false negative. I hate to say it, but unless the test for your symptomatic friend comes back negative, it would be irresponsible to have your wedding in 5 days. So many people are catching it at gatherings, and that's without known exposure
  • H
    Super June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I hate to say it, and I'm so sorry, OP, but I agree with Julie. Is there any way you can postpone the wedding?

• Super August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    I'm so sorry this is happening to you! This is probably not an appealing solution, but I think too much about things so I came up with a plan in case either of us develop symptoms this week (we're not spending time with anyone at the moment so our risk of knowing we've been exposed is low without symptoms). Our wedding is in my parents' back yard and they have a deck. We rented a tent, but we could borrow another one from their neighbors if necessary. If either/both of us were to develop symptoms, we would have everyone sit at their tables or stand in the yard while we did the ceremony on the deck or in a separate tent. Our officiant has antibodies and is not concerned about exposure, but there's no reason your officiant has to be right next to you, they only need to be close enough to hear and see you, and for you all to be able to sign the marriage license that day. We would stay on the deck or in the separate tent for the reception. We would use a separate bathroom from everyone else and I would do my own hair, makeup, and nails at my apartment. This would definitely not be anywhere near ideal, but after planning, postponing, planning this miniwedding, I don't want to go through another round of major changes.
  • Christina
    Devoted July 2020
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    First off I’m sorry. I’m so sorry this is happening.

Can you contact your vendors for next month ? Text out information to your guest ? What do you need from this forum to plan on. We are your cheerleaders
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Oh man I hope everything is OK for you guys and that you guys are healthy and that it’s not a positive Covid exposure. But I agree with Julie as well it’s way too soon for you to get tested ideally the best thing would be to self isolate for the recommended two weeks but that means you would have to postpone.
  • Michelle
    Dedicated August 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The ER does, however, we haven't shown symptoms yet and it's only been a couple days. We were in contact with enough family members that postponing would have to be an option.
  • Michelle
    Dedicated August 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It is. Our county gained nearly 100 cases in the last two weeks. We are considering doing just us, the officiant, two witnesses, and MAYBE the photographer when the tests come back. If we have to postpone, we have to postpone. The ER says we can get the results back today or tomorrow for the family member's test.
  • Michelle
    Dedicated August 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We are in isolation right now. We let work know asap of the situation and everyone else we were in contact with when the family member was symptomless.
  • Jennifer
    Super October 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh ok gotcha. I didn't see anything in the post about how long it had been since you saw the family member last. Thank you for politely replying with that info. Best of luck to the two of you ❤

• Tara
    Devoted August 2020
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    Ohh I’m so sorry to hear this! Please keep
    us posted ❤️ Our wedding is in 17 days and you’ve made me realize the importance of isolating prior to the event! I think I’ll avoid social gatherings for now.
  • Ingrid
    VIP October 2020
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    You have to quarantine 14 days regardless, getting tested won't change that outcome regardless. Even if you test negative you could convert later on. So quarantining is the only option to protect everyone. Im a nurse and had to quarantine because I came in contact with someone that was positive.
  • Michelle
    Dedicated August 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    His tests came back negative, thankfully. No one else has started showing any symptoms. Turns out, he had symptoms of heat stroke. They pumped him full of fluids before they started transportation to a facility for his mental health crisis.
    He is back home now.
  • Michelle
    Dedicated August 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    His tests came back negative, thankfully. So far, no one else has symptoms. Their mom is high-risk and no symptoms whatsoever. Turns out, he had symptoms of heat stroke. They pumped him full of fluids and gave him treatment for his mental health crisis.
    He is back home now and getting settled in again.
  • Michelle
    Dedicated August 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    His tests came back negative, thankfully. No one else has started showing any symptoms. Turns out, he had symptoms of heat stroke. They pumped him full of fluids before they started transportation to a facility for his mental health crisis.
    He is back home now and is getting settled in.
  • Michelle
    Dedicated August 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It did! He had heat stroke. He is back home now.
  • Michelle
    Dedicated August 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    He is back home now and is doing much better.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles