Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalie
Devoted January 2021

My dress is in! Going to try it on...

Natalie, on November 7, 2019 at 4:41 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 26

My dress came in and I am SO excited to go try it on this Saturday and to try on veils. I'm also oddly nervous! I ordered the dress in a different color than the one I tried on (ordered Ivory, tried on a Champagne). I'm also really excited to try it on bc it's my size and the sample was a bit small.

How did your first try on go after picking up your dress? Pics! Smiley xd Smiley heart

26 Comments

Latest activity by Natalie, on November 13, 2019 at 11:51 AM
  • Erin
    VIP September 2023
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I realized I hated my dress xD so that didn’t go very well. My mom and I are going back to try on new dresses this weekend. I’m sure your experience will be much better than mine.
  • Natalie
    Devoted January 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Oh no!!! What didn't you like?

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Mine went really well! I needed alterations so it still didn't quite fit the way it should, but I felt a lot more confident in my decision trying the dress on in my size.

• Natalie
    Devoted January 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

That's what I'm hoping for too! I was between sizes, I ordered the larger size and will most likely need alterations. I prefer that over trying to lose weight to make it fit, which scares me haha

• Erin
    VIP September 2023
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    It was way too big, it stuck out weirdly on my hips so it made me look hippier than I already am. I had a baby 2 years ago and my hips shifted and I’m still kind of sensitive about it haha. And the skirt is big and tulle with sparkly sequins in it. It’s perfect for the wedding I was going to have (although I still don’t like it) but it’s no longer appropriate for the mountain wedding we’re having. I look at pictures of me in it and I feel like I look fat (despite knowing it’s mathematically impossible to be wearing a size 2 dress AND be fat)
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

It was awesome for me. I couldn't wait to get it. But I hadto wait a week and half to go pick it up because we were leaving for a family vacation the day after they called that it was in. I never wanted to have a vacation to be over with but I did this time lol. My dress fits me almost perfectly; I need to have the straps brought up just a bit and a bustle. But very minimal alterations which was one of the reasons I liked it so much!

My dress is in! Going to try it on... 1

• Jill
    Expert April 2020
    Jill ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

It went well for me! I was also in between sizes and went up 1. I still loved it just as much though! I had tried on white and ordered ivory. I think I feel in love with it more when I went and picked it up because I was having mild dress regret the 4 months waiting. Hope it goes well for you!

• Jill
    Expert April 2020
    Jill ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    First two pictures are when I initially tried on the dress and second two are when I picked up mine!

My dress is in! Going to try it on... 2

My dress is in! Going to try it on... 3

My dress is in! Going to try it on... 4

My dress is in! Going to try it on... 5
  • Katie
    Devoted November 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I loved it more than u remembered! I ordered mine in a different color too
  • Sarahphillips
    Dedicated June 2021
    Sarahphillips ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    It went amazing. It made me so happy and excited for our wedding. Especially since my fiancé was in the shop in another area while I tried it on. I exactly measured a bridal size 10 except in the boobs 😂 because not gifted there 😂😂😂. The only thing I worry about is my arms and tummy. I’ve always been a smaller, petite girl but recently some medications have caused me to gain some weight so I’m still adjusting to that. I’m at a good weight but my arms have a little flab so going to work on those
  • M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Omgosh I must have tried my dress on a handful of times just because aha.
  • Natalie
    Devoted January 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

It looks beautiful on you! Love the belted waist

• Natalie
    Devoted January 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

It looks gorgeous!! I love the soft chiffon (is that right?)

• Jill
    Expert April 2020
    Jill ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! Yes it is! How did picking up your dress go??

• Natalie
    Devoted January 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

I'm going to pick it up in about 24 hours with 4 of my bridesmaids! They haven't seen it yet, I am so excited!

• Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

That's so exciting, Natalie. Be sure to come back and let us know how it goes Smiley smile

• Jill
    Expert April 2020
    Jill ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

So how did it go!?

• Natalie
    Devoted January 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    It went great! I need the straps taken up and it is a bit too loose overall but I love the color! I am also thinking about adding some kind of sheer modesty panel. Also my spanx showed with the dress so I think I’ll do boob tape. Also, it clearly needs to be shortened several inches lol

My dress is in! Going to try it on... 6

My dress is in! Going to try it on... 7

My dress is in! Going to try it on... 8
  • Erin
    VIP September 2023
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I got my new dress, but had to try it on in grey. I'm ordering it in Ivory. It's expected to come in in early December, and I'm crossing my fingers that I still like it in Ivory. The smallest ivory version they had was a size 10 (I'm a size 2) so I couldn't try it on.

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

You look so beautiful in your dress!! 😍

Is that your veil too?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics