Gabby
Savvy May 2021

Music ideas? Help!

Gabby, on February 19, 2021 at 8:19 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 2
Saved
Hey guys! I was just told very surprisingly that I would be allowed to have my wedding at the end of May (which is so crazy because I’ve heard that I wouldn’t be able to have a wedding with COVID since November).

We had originally cancelled our contract with our DJ, because we were told that everything was cancelled but now that we’re back in business, I’m trying to find a more reasonably priced Music option. Dance floors seem really unsafe right now so I was wondering if anyone knew any cheaper DJ options or a way to play music during the ceremony but also during the reception.
Does anyone have any recommendations or advice?!
Thanks!!!

2 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on February 22, 2021 at 3:38 PM
  • Brigitte
    Dedicated May 2021
    Brigitte ·
    • Flag

A DJ does so much more than just play music. They keep things on schedule and act as an MC for the night. As a guest, whenever I go to weddings that don't have a dj, they are always super chaotic and nobody knows what's going on, especially the bridal party. On the flip side, if there aren't too many moving parts to your night and there won't be too many people, you can rent speakers and a mic and just hook up an ipod to play music. However, you get what you pay for.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

That's amazing news Gabby!! 🙌

You could hire live musicians for the whole day - or just for the ceremony, cocktail hour, or reception and play a pre-made playlist the rest of the time! My friend had a harpist who could play contemporary pop songs for her ceremony and it was awesome:

Find Local Ceremony Musicians

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics