NextChapterReady
Super October 2019

Morning of Breakfast and Lunch for Getting Ready? What's Best?

NextChapterReady, on June 6, 2019 at 10:05 AM Posted in Planning 0 33
Saved Save

So I'm trying to figure out what would be best to do for the breakfast and lunch of my wedding day. To understand logistics, I will be staying at the hotel after the rehearsal dinner (I don't think it has a refrigerator). I booked a suite for my bridesmaids, my mom, grandma, and FMIL to get ready in. My HMUAs are coming to the suite to do our hair and makeup. Because my ceremony is at 1:30 and we have to be at the church at 12:30 (and the hotel is 30 min away) I was advised to start hair and makeup at 6:30 am.

I'm wondering what is best to do for breakfast and lunch? I want to provide this for the girls. I'm bringing champagne to do mimosas for them and was thinking I would order catering from a restaurant. But I want to avoid carb heavy stuff like bagels or scones only. Also it would be so early. Do you guys have any ideas on what would be good to order or where to order it from? I was thinking since I can't store it at the hotel I could either pick it up the night before or have a bridesmaid keep it in her refrig and bring it with her to the hotel in the morning?

Also what would you suggest for lunch? I want to do something light like turkey pinwheels and apples and chips. Would you recommend we also have that in the hotel room before we leave at noon for the church? What did you guys do for breakfast and lunch? All ideas appreciated

33 Comments

• Future Mrs. K
    VIP June 2019
    Future Mrs. K ·

I have the same issue as I am also staying at the hotel after the rehearsal dinner and won't have access to a fridge. I am having Panera catering deliver food to us the day of the wedding while we are getting ready in the suite at the hotel.

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

Can I ask what you were thinking about ordering? So stumped on breakfast haha! I'm hypoglycemic so carb and sugar heavy breakfast would make me sick!

• Future Mrs. K
    VIP June 2019
    Future Mrs. K ·
    View Quoted Comment

Due to our timeline, we are only doing breakfast. I'm ordering bagels with cream cheese (I probably won't eat this as it makes me bloat but I know other people will want them), a big fruit salad, yogurt parfaits, and some pastries (again, I won't eat these but others will). They're also bringing orange juice for the mimosas. If I was doing lunch I would just do a big salad, some wraps, and a fruit salad or veggies and dip.

• MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·

Between 6:30 am and 11:30, I'd probably be more interested in breakfast/brunch foods. Daughter's BM's slept here and we did a large egg based casserole (kind of a crustless quiche), muffins, fresh fruit, etc. Later in the morning, around 11, I had sliced turkey, cheese, veggies, and rolls. At the start of the morning, I'd definitely need lots of coffee and water to start the day before the mimosas begin.

• FutureMrsD
    Rockstar July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·

Can you ask the hotel if they can bring a mini fridge to your room or if they have a fridge you can store food in overnight? If not, can you bring coolers? We are ordering most our food from Panera so every girl will choose their own lunch box that comes with salad, soup or sandwich or a mix of the two. Then we will get fruit & veggie trays & pastry trays.

• B
    Super July 2018
    Brittany ·

I had 7 adults and 3 children getting ready with me in my hotel suite and I got a tray of Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets, a fruit tray, (both delivered to the room the morning of) Special K protein bars, yogurt+granola (put in the mini fridge in the room), coffee, mimosas and water. We woke up around 8:30am and the ceremony was at 6pm. The food was more than enough for that many hours, a lot of women don't like to each much before they have to put on a dress apparently lol

• Jessica
    Super June 2020
    Jessica ·

I was planning on doing little pastries and mini muffins and fruit for breakfast with mimosas and then having mini sandwiches for lunch. We wont really have this problem because we have a Walmart and a price chopper right near our venue so I was planning on ordering from one of them and just having someone stop and pick them up on the way over or stopping myself on the way over to the venue.

• Melle
    Master June 2019
    Melle Online ·

I've read a lot that you should have a good hearty breakfast or meal before everything happens because you likely may not eat that much during the reception.

i'm doing something in between like brunch.

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

I totally agree! I like the idea of wraps and definitely fruit for breakfast too! I forgot about that

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

I think I want to do a breakfast ready at 7 am and then lunch at 11 ... because there'll be a huge break between noon and dinner at 5:30, so I'm figuring it's important to offer lunch as well. I like the idea of deli meats for lunch!

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

I just looked up Jason's Deli (popular really healthy deli restaurant) and they deliver to the hotel! I had previously thought like kroger's or something, but your mention of panera reminded me of that! I think ours will probably resemble your lunch, seems like a good mix!

• FutureMrsD
    Rockstar July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah we have one here! That's another good option. I think just letting everyone pick their own lunch is easiest so I'll for sure do that. Then for breakfast we will have a mix of pastries, fruit & veggies, protein bars, etc.

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

LOL thankfully no children to have to worry about to feed for me. I think we'll definitely do coffee, mimosas, and water as well!! Haha my girls have already mentioned food and coffee so I have a feeling they'll be eating LOL

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

Oh lucky! We're downtown in our state capital, so it makes a logistics a little difficult! But that's great you have that so accessible!

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

I agree! Also they'll be getting there at 6 and getting ready until noon so I feel like there has to be something substantial! lol

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

I LOVE jason's deli haha so i have no idea why I didn't think of it I've already texted them the options even though we're kind of far out. I'm a planner LOL. Our downtown location actually has an awesome deal of an "all day catering option" apparently. They'll serve orange juice, coffee, fruit tray, and either breakfast sandwiches or southwest breakfast wraps in a morning delivery and then they'll do a lunch delivery with side salad and either hot or cold wraps or cold sandwiches. And they only charge one delivery fee! So I feel like that's a pretty awesome set up for what I was looking for. I'm glad you sparked my memory haha

• FutureMrsD
    Rockstar July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·
    View Quoted Comment

Haha mine is in July and I'm holding off texting them for orders until 2 weeks before, in case they change their minds. I called Panera and they said a week notice is more than enough for delivery. I'm glad you found a great option!

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    View Quoted Comment

Lol yeah I'll probably reconfirm closer to when I make my order in October, but it'll definitely help with pricing it out!

• Melissa
    Rockstar September 2019
    Melissa ·
    I’m thinking bagels or donuts to the salon for breakfast and some snacks for the bridal suite that don’t involve any dips or stuff that could drip on the dresses. Maybe sandwiches or something similar.
  • Futuremrsv
    Super October 2020
    Futuremrsv ·
    Im thinking about panera, or jimmy johns. Something quick and easy.
    I have some girls in my party who are vegetarian or have celiac disease. So have to have something with options

Comment on this discussion