Michelle
Super September 2020

mob Dress Color...i need help! What color did you choose?

Michelle, on November 5, 2019 at 11:49 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 82
Saved Save
Hola,

So I'm trying to decide what color dress to put our moms in. My fiance' and all my girls will be in emerald green and the guys in all black so I was thinking about putting them in gold (our wedding colors are shown in picture #1) Initially I wanted them in copper (which is apart of the color scheme) and NOT GOLD but it's been a struggle finding copper colored dresses. We'll have a lot of copper accents throughout the reception...will it look weird putting them in gold? Is there another color we can try? Is champagne too close to ivory? Helppppp lol!

鈥o moms have to be in the same fabric as the brides dress? (My dress is Satin)
鈥o our moms need to match styles?
鈥oes both our moms wear the same color?
鈥hat are your color schemes for your bridal party?

Thanks ladies!
P.S. There are so many little components to a wedding 馃槀馃槀 but y'all know lol!

mob Dress Color...i need help! What color did you choose? 1

mob Dress Color...i need help! What color did you choose? 2

mob Dress Color...i need help! What color did you choose? 3

mob Dress Color...i need help! What color did you choose? 4

mob Dress Color...i need help! What color did you choose? 5

82 Comments

• Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly
    • Flag
    Did they ask you for input on what to wear? I didn鈥檛 know what our moms were wearing until they showed up to the wedding. Anyone not in the wedding party can wear whatever they want. There are no rules.
  • Kathyana
    Savvy October 2020
    Kathyana
    • Flag
    How about rose gold? I鈥檓 having the same colors emerald green with gold tho since my ring is gold

mob Dress Color...i need help! What color did you choose? 6
  • M
    Devoted January 2019
    Maggie
    • Flag

I agree with Kelly that there are no rules and the moms can definitely chose their own outfits. To answer your specific questions:

鈥o moms have to be in the same fabric as the brides dress? No
    鈥o our moms need to match styles? No
    鈥oes both our moms wear the same color? Only if they want to
    鈥hat are your color schemes for your bridal party? I didn't have a bridal party, but even if I had, I still wouldn't have chosen what the moms wore.

• Kathyana
    Savvy October 2020
    Kathyana
    • Flag
    Also I don鈥檛 think they need to be in the same style or fabric. Whatever they are more comfortable in. Hope everything works out good luck.
  • V
    VIP July 2019
    Veronica
    • Flag
    Your moms should be allowed to decide what they want to wear as they are adults. They aren't a prop that they need to match what the bridal party is wearing. I would let them decide for themselves what they want to wear.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted December 2019
    Stefanie
    • Flag
    You can ask them if you really want them to match and try something like that
    in my case they both bought their own dresses which don鈥檛 match with the bridesmaids or for the two of them, my mom dress si esmerald green and my FMIL is navy blue but I don鈥檛 mind they鈥檙e different
    with the dads... they are matching and rented the same suit but that鈥檚 because they wanted to, I didn鈥檛 even ask them
  • Laree's
    Devoted May 2020
    Laree's
    • Flag
    My mom is wearing dark purple which is one of my accent colors but that鈥檚 because she asked me and wanted to match the color scheme. Fmil hasn鈥檛 been involved at all with anything. She lives in another state but I feel if she cared at all she鈥檇 be calling and asking me questions and what not. I called her when we got engaged and she said oh congrats with no enthusiasm. So I haven鈥檛 reached out to her again. I know she likes me and fh and I have been together for 13 years already but I guess she just isn鈥檛 into wedding stuff, her loss. But my aunt, who I鈥檓 really close with has asked me what my colors are because she wants to wear something that won鈥檛 clash with them, not necessarily match it. So maybe ask them if they want to get whatever dress they want or if they want to not clash give them a few color options. I think gold, champagne, grey and even black would be nice with your color theme. They don鈥檛 have to be in the same color but it would be nice if they didn鈥檛 clash for pictures.
  • Brandi
    Devoted November 2020
    Brandi
    • Flag
    I don鈥檛 think there鈥檚 a specific rule for parents tbh. Our fathers are matching the groomsmen with navy blue suits. I don鈥檛 care too much about fabric for the mothers. I asked for his mom to wear navy blue since she asked me what to wear. I could care less. Not to be rude but it鈥檚 not that big of a deal. My mom will more than likely wear red because that鈥檚 her favorite color. My colors are Burgundy, navy blue and grey so, I don鈥檛 think red is too odd especially, because she鈥檚 walking me down. As long as people don鈥檛 wear white - I think you鈥檙e fine.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2020
    Michelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    They're asking what color to wear! We consider them apart of the wedding party because they'll be walking down the aisle and in all the family portraits so they want to match the team!
  • Michelle
    Super September 2020
    Michelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thought about it but I figured it'd be too many golds going on lol.
  • Sara
    Expert February 2020
    Sara Online
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This. It doesn't matter what the mom's wear
  • Sara
    Expert February 2020
    Sara Online
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh. If they want to match rose gold or black. I like that black studded dress you posted.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2020
    Michelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    They're definitely choosing their own attire...the pictures were for color purposes only (showing the different shades of gold and fabrics) Our moms actually asked us what color they should wear. I'm really looking for what color to put them in.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2020
    Michelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah agreed lol! I'll definitely look at some rose gold colored dresses tho. Thanks for your help!
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated December 2019
    Elizabeth
    • Flag

I think gold would look great! They definitely do not need to be matching colors or fabrics. I think the only important thing is that they do not totally clash with your color scheme for pictures.

My bridesmaids are wearing a dusty pink/purple color, groomsmen are wearing a slate blue, MOG is wearing light blue and my mom is wearing dark gray. We also have a lot of gold accents for our reception.

• Kathyana
    Savvy October 2020
    Kathyana
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    No problem hope it all works out. A lot of brides have the mothers match color wise since they are part of the wedding party as well most of the time.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2020
    Michelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Clearly I know they're adults. However, they asked us what color should they wear and even if they didn't ask us, I believe I was asking about color schemes. Moms are very important and should be included in the whole overall look as they'll be walking down the aisle and in the family photos. So no, not props.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2020
    Michelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh ok cool. They will probably end up matching anyway...when we take them out together they literally have on a similar piece or color lol. Overall I still think that's a good color combo that they have going on. Thanks!
  • V
    VIP July 2019
    Veronica
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My mom and my mother-in-law both walked down the aisle, but they picked their own attire. Both happen to love purple so they both choose purple dresses. Our colors were red and black so they didn't coordinate, but they didn't need to. The only answer you should give your moms is to pick something comfortable that they love.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2020
    Michelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Aww yeah her loss and you're absolutely right. I didnt even think about the colors clashing. I knew I wanted them in something other than green and not like in a red or orange dress next to green and black. They are asking what color and I'm just like idkkkk but yes I feel like any of those colors will be a good mix. Gold or black will probably be the easiest to find. Thanks for your help!

Comment on this discussion