I am trying to cut down on expenses, as I don't have a lot of money to pull this off, but I am trying to get ideas for all areas to use for a Star Wars themed wedding, centered around Padme and Anakin.
View Quoted Comment
Fun! Hmmm We are doing a Disney Christmas wedding and we have found things for it in many places we would not have expected. I would Try wish (can be hot or miss) I got A cape there and it is beautiful. There’s also eBay (sometimes have good deals) I would also check buy sell sites since Halloween just ended
We’re doing formal romantic with hints Star Wars centered around leia and Han and “I love you I know” 😊. I’ve seen some robes on amazon for not too much. And I’m making all our signs and our candy bar bags/signs images in Star Wars fonts with logos
Are you *sure* you want to center your wedding on Anakin and Padme? I mean, look how badly THAT marriage ended
I kid, I kid.
But I too am planning Star Wars-themed wedding, although my budget is probably higher than like 90% of users here, so YMMV here. The aesthetic we're going for is more of a subtle Star Wars "chic", because we want to avoid having the wedding look like a child's birthday party. I used Etsy to find a lot of Star Wars-themed items, including:
* wedding stationary (including the main invitation, Save the Date, and Thank You cards)
* 3D printed lightsaber handle for my bouquet
* paper flower bouquet and boutonnieres
* signage (including table numbers, escort cards, and other signs)
* cake toppers for our French macaron towers
* custom treat bags for the macarons
Basically, Etsy will be your best friend here.
Other Star Wars-themed things we're having (some things omitted here because it's too specific to us):
* glorified photo booth (I bought a lot of masks and toy lightsabers during Halloween sales, will also add 2 Jedi robes from Amazon)
* wedding website (building from scratch, since I'm a software engineer)
* piano and organ music before and after wedding mass (but not during bc church rules)
* custom cocktails ("Binary Sunset" aka tequila sunset, and "Blue Milk" aka blue hawaiian)
* DJ playing Star Wars soundtrack music during cocktail hour and dinner
* a custom-design wedding cape (since Star Wars is ALL about those capes)
And yes, while I would have loved to have done a May the 4th wedding, it's on a Monday next year So May the 2nd it is.
We didn’t have a Star Wars themed wedding in terms of decor, but we included Star Wars touches for my husband who is a super fan. He walked down the aisle to the Imperial March, we entered the reception to a disco version of the Star Wars theme with lightsabers and had a mini “fight” with them, and we took some fun photos with the lightsabers, too.