C
Dedicated October 2020

Long Island hair and make up help!

Christina, on May 1, 2019 at 8:58 PM Posted in New York Planning 0 5
Saved Save
So I’ve been browsing wedding wire for hair and makeup places for my wedding and for my bridesmaids. So far I’ve reached out to two, one had my date already booked, and the other just seemed too pricy-hair and makeup totaling $500. All of the others that I looked at, didn’t really impress me! Any suggestions where to go would be great in Suffolk county! Thank you!

5 Comments

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cliodhna ·

Hi Christina!

I’m sorry to hear you're having difficulty finding a hair and makeup artist. Have you had a chance to check out the WeddingWire vendor directory? You may find one you love there!

Long Island Wedding Hair & Makeup

You can filter the selection by city and services!

Do you have a particular hair and make up style in mind for your wedding?

• Brianna
    Beginner April 2020
    Brianna ·

Following your post, I am having a similar issue!

• Heather
    Devoted April 2020
    Heather ·
    I’m living in Long Island too, and I recently had my hair cut at Tapestry Salon in East Northport - I know they have several locations around the island. I’m not sure what pricing would be but I thought they were reasonably priced just going in and they do makeup as well. Also, the lady cutting my hair was mentioning she does work on the side, so maybe seeing who can do it privately as opposed to through a salon could save some money? Good luck!
  • christina
    Beginner May 2021
    christina ·
    Hi, for my cousins wedding we visited local makeup stores like ELF and Sephora and spoke to some of the artist there. Many of them do freelance on the side and travel for events. Might be worth considering.
  • Breanna
    Savvy May 2020
    Breanna ·

The House of Makeup in Sayville is amazing! I highly recommend! That's who we booked!

Comment on this discussion