Lynnie
WeddingWire Administrator October 2016

Keep or Cancel: Matching Bridesmaids Dresses?

Lynnie, on July 16, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Posted in Wedding Attire 278

Are you SO over seeing an army of bridesmaids wearing the exact same dress? Or do you still like the traditional uniform look?It's time to vote on matching bridesmaids dresses! Keep or cancel?Photo by Shane Long Photography in Saint Paul, MNNext Question: "Here Comes The Bride" Back to the...

Are you SO over seeing an army of bridesmaids wearing the exact same dress? Or do you still like the traditional uniform look?

It's time to vote on matching bridesmaids dresses! Keep or cancel?

cfb_1239647.jpg

Photo by Shane Long Photography in Saint Paul, MN

Next Question: "Here Comes The Bride"

Back to the Beginning: Keep or Cancel?

278 Comments

• Allie
    Expert April 2019
    Allie ·
    Cancel. Unless your bridesmaids are twins/triplets under 7, i think they should be able to wear coordinating dresses.
  • Allycia
    Dedicated March 2020
    Allycia ·
    Keep there wearing the same color dress just different design
  • Jessy
    Just Said Yes January 2020
    Jessy ·
    Nope. not even doing a wedding party. cancel.
  • Jessy
    Just Said Yes January 2020
    Jessy ·
    Cancel. we’re opting for something that feels a little more personal and sacred.
  • Kassandra
    Dedicated October 2020
    Kassandra ·

Cancel! We are going to do same color and length, but letting the girls pick their own dresses!

• Hannah
    Devoted September 2019
    Hannah ·

Keep. I prefer everything to be organized & uniform. I think it looks cheap when bridesmaids wear mismatched dresses.

• L
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Lorissa ·
    I say cancel.... BUT... I wanted the girls to pick different dresses and they all liked one dress! So matching dresses it is for my wedding. 😂🤣
  • Kirstin
    Just Said Yes December 2019
    Kirstin ·
    Cancel... I want to keep the same color and generally the same style, but I would want them to feel comfortable and get something that they could wear even after the wedding so it's not a waste of money.
  • Amy
    Just Said Yes September 2020
    Amy ·

Cancel. I originally liked having bridesmaids wear the same dress. But I recently stood up in a wedding and we picked different dresses in the same color (Azazie.com was so easy). Each of us were very different sizes and shapes. 1) It took the stress off of the bride to pick a dress that everyone liked and 2) we all looked fabulous getting to wear what we were comfortable in!

• Emily
    Emily ·
    Whatever the bride wants?! I canceled. Almost kept.
  • Beginner December 2019
    ·
    Cancel. My girls are all wearing different styles of the same color. I’m happy with that.
  • VIP September 2019
    ·
    Cancel my girls are wearing different dress styles and colors but same material
  • Kellie
    Super October 2019
    Kellie ·

I kept it but I don't think there's anything wrong with canceling it and picking out dresses that are the same shade but different styles. it's when bridesmaids have on different colors that I start disliking the way it looks but it doesn't matter. Everyone has their own opinion and we should all do whatever we want to regardless of what is popular.

• S
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Shellie ·

Yes and no ~ I want a certain look. I'll give my bridesmaid a color, style like tea-length and lace and then leave it up to them. I want them to be able to get something they can use again. I also very much want them to talk with me about the length and give input on the dress.

• Casijohn
    Casijohn ·
    Cancel. I will only have 2 bridesmaids that will wear their own style and each pick a color from the wedding theme, and a few kids. I like it better this way so I don't take time to make an entrance to meet my future handsome husband.💍👰🤵❤
  • Mrs. H
    Rockstar September 2019
    Mrs. H ·

Keeping… all 5 girls loved the same dress, so we went with that one. MOH's dress is the only one that differs in style, not color

• Jennifer
    Devoted October 2020
    Jennifer ·

I don't feel strongly either way about this. We will likely be doing same color and length, but whatever style each of my bridesmaids feels most comfortable in!

• Jessica
    Savvy May 2021
    Jessica ·

Keep. I only have a wedding party of three. Made of hour and two bridesmaids. I think it will look better in pictures with the tree of them having matching dress's.

• Tristen
    Savvy November 2020
    Tristen ·
    Cancel. All my bridesmaids are having different dresses. Everyone is a different shape size and personality and I want them to all have a dress that reflects them. Same color and length but different styles.
  • Ashley
    Expert October 2020
    Ashley ·

Keeping so far, but I only have 2 so it isn't as bad. I have a Jr. and she is wearing a different dress.

Comment on this discussion