Gabrielle
Devoted September 2020

June 2020 Weddings Amidst covid Outbreak

Gabrielle, on March 16, 2020 at 6:26 PM Posted in Community Conversations 3 55
Saved
Reply

I understand other brides and couples have it way worse on here. My heart goes out to all of you cancelling and postponing.

Any June brides freaking out? What are your plans? I am worried about what is to come in the next 3 months. Trying to stay hopeful! Looking at all the things I have for my wedding is making my heart ache a little bit not knowing what's going to happen!

55 Comments

Latest activity by Ana, on May 2, 2020 at 7:48 PM
  • Jay1
    Savvy June 2021
    Jay1 ·
    • Flag

    Major freak out!!!!! There is a ban for 8 weeks. However this is more likely to get worse. What if they extend the ban and then its too late to find an alternative date. I could postpone now which is what my fiance wanted anyways but what if this does get better in 8 weeks. Do we postpone to august, september ugggh I don't know. It has taken china 3 months to get this under control but its still out there. Even If it does get under control a wedding is a huge risk. Sorry for the rant. But at the end of the day the health of my family is what is most important especially the older generation.

    • Reply
  • Shelby
    Savvy June 2020
    Shelby ·
    • Flag
    This is giving me such anxiety! Our venue does not do refunds, nor do they move the date. So if anything happens, that’s $6000 lost.
    I even thought about saying forget it and cut the guest list to just close family, or even just saying forget it and go to the courts! But at the end of the day, I want our day to be perfect! What if this does not get better, what if it gets worse from here?? I hate how all of this has to happen now !
    • Reply
  • Angel
    Dedicated August 2021
    Angel ·
    • Flag
    My wedding is august 22nd I'm freaked out I have 100 attending my wedding planner told me to keep pushing forth with the wedding but today I heard on the news this could go until August I'm terrified I don't want to waste all this money and then we have to postpone it I'm so in the air about what should I do
    • Reply
  • Angie
    Dedicated June 2021
    Angie ·
    • Flag

    I'm nervous. My bridal shower is May 3rd and the wedding is June 26th. I am really hoping it will be ok by then. As of right now, we are continuing like normal but monitoring the situation. I'm not really sure what we can do since so many deposits and non-refundable and already paid in full. I'm trying not to freak out.

    • Reply
  • Lauren
    Dedicated June 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    I am trying to mentally prepare myself to have to cancel my 6/13 wedding. I can’t believe this is real life
    • Reply
  • Devoted June 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    I’ve been doing pretty good with staying calm, honestly. That is, until today when photographer asked me if my venues were canceling or had an update. I’m like dude, not cool. I love and appreciate her checking in on me but I didn’t want to start stressing about this. I’m hopeful that things will settle down by then. My family keeps reassuring me that Ben and I will be married on June 6, so I’m holding tight to that.
    • Reply
  • Sammie
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Sammie ·
    • Flag

    Yes! Anxiety is super high right now. There are still so many vendors that I still need to find, like hair & makeup artists, but it seems like an insensitive time to start trying to book people right now. I have no idea how to handle the situation.

    • Reply
  • Gabrielle
    Devoted September 2020
    Gabrielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Even with all of this chaos going on, they won't refund!? Surely if it comes to the point where the country does not come out of this before then they would refund... Or atleast I hope so. I am so sorry! Smiley sad

    • Reply
  • Gabrielle
    Devoted September 2020
    Gabrielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    If it comes to the point where we have to get marred on June 20th and push our reception and ceremony back, I am all for it. Might be weird but we will have been engaged almost 2 years come June. My heart has been set on my date for a LONG time.

    It's SO hard for me to not get wrapped up and mad about the fact that we have so much going on and then this happens. I keep telling myself that people go through much worse, but it doesn't lessen the stress any.

    • Reply
  • Shelby
    Savvy June 2020
    Shelby ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    No they wont😩
    As of now we are going to keep the wedding going, even if it’s only parents and grandparents 😔
    • Reply
  • Saxby
    Beginner July 2020
    Saxby ·
    • Flag

    What would you do for a May 30th wedding? I'm outside the 8 weeks guidelines from the CDC but still in May so I don't think it's looking good for me Smiley sad

    • Reply
  • Nicole
    Dedicated June 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

    I am getting married on June 6th. I have been so anxious to the point that I finally reached out to my officiant and venue. My venue has had a lot of cancellations, but they told me that all those events were rescheduled for June dates so my wedding should be fine. My officiant also thinks we should be good to go and we are all hoping that this should blow over soon. As of right now, we are still actively planning and staying positive! However, my FH and I have been together for almost 7 years, and we will not be rescheduling our wedding if things get bad. I have verbal confirmation from our officiant that he will marry us, even if it has to take place in our home. The marriage is what's most important for me right now. I hope everything goes okay with you ladies. Deep Breaths! Smiley smile

    • Reply
  • Cheryl
    Beginner October 2022
    Cheryl ·
    • Flag

    May wedding was scheduled for May 16, 2020. After the crowd and travel restrictions issued yesterday, we were forced to cancel our wedding and all of our vendors to a later date. We chose a tentative date of October 3, 2020, but we have to find a new reception venue because the venue we chose has only Halloween and a November date available. So far, most of our vendors are available and have agreed to render their services on our new/tentative date. But our videographer is not available on our new/tentative date and refuses to give us a refund of any kind. We understand that this is a hardship on every small business, but this videographer's insensitivity was quite disturbing in that he told us to look at his Contract again, that he could have accepted another videography assignment for May 16, 2020 and that he will not refund our payment. Despite how upsetting this situation is, I refuse to fall into a state of depression because of it. I'm praying for the safety and good health of us ALL!

    • Reply
  • M
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Macie ·
    • Flag
    As the next couple weeks pass & we get more info...can anyone update their plans? I’m completely heartbroken & not sure where to go from here. We’re June 6 & I can’t imagine having it any other time. It would ruin everything I’ve planed & waited 10 years for.
    • Reply
  • L
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    I am on May 29th and we are keeping the date for now. Our venue said they would reach out us personally if things got worse, so we haven't heard anything yet. I think they are more focused on weddings happening in March/April right now. Luckily, we still have some time & are hopeful that end of May will be okay!

    • Reply
  • L
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    I am on May 29th and we are keeping the date for now. Our venue said they would reach out us personally if things got worse, so we haven't heard anything yet. I think they are more focused on weddings happening in March/April right now. Luckily, we still have some time & are hopeful that end of May will be okay!

    • Reply
  • Cait
    Dedicated June 2020
    Cait ·
    • Flag
    June 27th, everything is pretty much DIY aside from officiant, our photographer, and catering. Having ceremony/reception at a family private location. And we will be maybe 75ppl max. I'm not too worried yet. If anything we may need to reschedule our Honeymoon which would be after the 4th of july to FL till the 11th.
    • Reply
  • Alyssa
    Just Said Yes August 2020
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My wedding is June 20th, 2020 and I am in the same boat as you. Most of our vendors are non refundable so we will lose alot of money but I feel so lost on what to even do right now. We haven't sent out invitations yet, have you?
    • Reply
  • Gabrielle
    Devoted September 2020
    Gabrielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    We haven't sent invitations. I was going to buy them this weekend and haven't even done that yet. Waiting on seeing what the next 2 weeks or so look like before I order.

    • Reply
  • Angie
    Dedicated June 2021
    Angie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    No, we have not yet sent out invites. I was going to do so in April. I already have them printed, so I am still planning on mailing them out. However, I think I will be adding a card saying something about how due to COVID-19 there is a chance we may be forced to reschedule to a later date. We're just taking things day by day right now. My venue is not booking any new weddings and will be flexible about rescheduling our date if we need to. I'm hoping it won't have to happen, but it's good to know we have options.

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics