View Quoted Comment
I agree totally. Our date is also July 25th. At that point I think I would be happy with the fact that if only our immediate family was there for a ceremony that's all that would matter. We don't want to wait any longer!
View Quoted Comment
Oh my girl! I hear you 😞 For allllll those reasons and more, that’s why we are postponing too. And I can’t tell you how much better I feel about it. It’s like a weight has been lifted.
I’m in the same boat! We’re July 18 & extremely nervous. But staying hopeful. July is still pretty far out and it seems as though things will calm down. The main focus right now is limiting the spread so hospitals can handle it. It may not be “gone” by July, but things will have slowed down and we do have to reopen our economy- I don’t think things will be closed from March- July. Hopeful things will calm down by May! Thinking about all brides during this time. But staying positive we’ll be fine for July ❤️
Im frustrated. My wedding is july 12th. I have talked to my venue located in Maryland and they are saying the only option they are offering for covid effected weddings is postponement up until march of 2021 (all off-peak dates though I paid for an on-peak month) and waiving the foolish 2000 change of date fee like they are doing anything for the care of their clients. Idk how they expect people to afford a wedding rn if people are getting laid off and they aren't planning on adjusting the pricing to the off-peak month. I don't know if I should go ahead and take legal action against them at this point because why shouldn't I be able to reschedule for an on-peak month when I paid more to have my wedding during peak season and why can't you adjust the rate to the only off-peak months you are offering clients. If anyone has advice please share?
Hi Katherine, I would like to ask how did you convince your venue to refund you some of your money. I am trying to work with my venue and they refuse to reduce the cost of my July wedding if I chose to reschedule. I would like to keep my date since there is meaning but they won't allow rescheduling later than March 2021. That only gives brides the option of off-peak months even if they had on peak months available.
I'm also getting married in Maryland but in August. What venue are you using? I contacted my Venue but they won't even discuss the option of postponing or cancelling until June. That is very frustrating! You would think they would let you change it to any available date. I would just let them know you paid for a specific month/day and if there isn't anything written in your contract about that bring it up.
7/11 here! I know how stressful and easy it is to panic but I hope you all can remember that none of us knows what the future will bring and all we can do is have a backup plan! I know I was stressing HARD until my fiance and I came up with a solid backup plan, and for us it was simply doing a extremely miniature cut down version on our wedding no matter what (with just our parents, pastor, photographer, and siblings, 10 people exactly meeting CDC rules, all socially distanced and offer everyone masks.) It will even make for one heck of a story and album to show our future kids! (My fiance joked that if worse comes to worse at least when we have kids in the future we can tell them mommy and daddy loved each other so much they got married in the craziest time!) lol!
I know that having a solid backup plan really put me at ease! I recommend everyone having a sit down talk with their partners and really figuring out if worse comes to worse, what you will do, and what works best for you! For us, getting married and starting our future together (we realllyy want to start makin those babies hahaha) is 10000% more important than a wedding with a lot of people, but everyone has to decided what is best for them, and for some people being able to set up a postpone plan is the best option! Best of luck to everyone! It's so nice to have this community to ease our minds
To be honest I think we caught them between a rock and a hard place. We're in new york and when we first started to talk to them about the process they already had to refund March, April and now May. We had given them 50% of the cost (in deposits) so I think they were just happy not to have refunded us all them money. If they're not being reasonable then consider getting your money back and going with another venue (if you want to go that route)
View Quoted Comment
Thanks for your reply Katharine! I spoke with my venue and they won't budge and they said if I want to cancel I can not get my deposit refunded. It's just a whole mess rn. I guess it depends on the venue. I just hate to lose my deposit. I think they are purposely wanting to get people to cancel so they don't have to lose the deposits.
July 19! Still trying to stay hopeful for July. We still don't have a baker or florist because they started shutting down weeks ago (at least the bakery did). The florist we want has been taking forever to respond through email even before this all got started but the prices are affordable for that florist so we want to go with her. This is all so stressful but trying to stay positive!
To be honest I don’t think so, I this won’t stop until August maybe longer. I already cancel my July 18,2020 date to July 17 2021, this might sound crazy but I feel so much relief changing the the date. I don’t want a rush wedding so another year of wait with zero stress will much better.
Still holding out hope that I won’t have to postpone my July 26 date. My BHLDN dress which was supposed to be here already is back ordered until late May. I was able to get an appointment scheduled for the first Saturday after my State’s stay home order is set to expired and they think they can get it done in time. I was supposed to finally fix my hair color this week but that’s postponed indefinitely and wondering whether I’ll be able to get an appointment in time since my place has been shut down since March. What concerns me is what my florist is saying. She says that the flower markets around the world are closed, only limited box lots are available for pick up from some wholesalers, but that most are closed and no one seems to know what will be available and how prices will be affected once things reopen. It sounds like it could take some time for things to normalize. Trying to stay hopeful.
Ours is set for July 1. They just extended the LA county stay at home orders through May 15th. We think we are going to postpone to next summer. It’s so sucky after almost two years of already being engaged and putting time and energy into it. We don’t want to put elderly guests at risk and we have some people flying in. Not to mention I haven’t even started alterations yet of my dress. So we don’t want to rush through it either. We’d love to still get married with close family in a backyard on July 1, but we can’t even apply for a marriage license right now. It’s such a sad reality and there’s been tears. But we’re trying to see the silver lining. It allows us more time to save. We had to cancel our bachelor/ bachelorette and my shower so if we postpone we can at least have those next year. My heart goes out to everyone in the same boat. It really sucks.
My wedding is July 18th also. I'm a little anxious with the thought of having to postpone. My venue and vendors are all open to postponing if it becomes necessary. But I'm trying to keep positive that 3 months from now, everything will be OK!.