View Quoted Comment
Same date! We're keeping on with our plan, and crossing or fingers this is over by then. If things doubt improve we will deal with it, but I'm hopeful that people will follow the health guidelines and we're will be back to normal by them
My wedding was supposed to be May 23, 2020, I officially changed it to May 2021 yesterday. So, I know exactly what position all of you are in -- please don't tell me I can't relate or that this has nothing to do with me. I was heartbroken to have to move my wedding, it was not fun or pleasant or easy.
This post literally asks, "do you think this is going to be okay by July?". I offered my opinion, with kindness. I'm sorry my being realistic and providing facts come off as "negativity" to you -- perhaps you are just not welcoming of opinions that don't affirm what you want to believe?
Our vow renewal is July 18. I really hope things get better so we don't have to postpone. If so, we have to put it off till next July, his kids live in Wyoming so we have to do it in the summer. That would truly suck as we've been so busy getting everything ready.
Wholeheartedly agree with you. None of us know whether July will be okay (whether your wedding is in May, June, July, or 2044) so when your date is planned for really has nothing to do with the knowledge. She asked for opinions and you gave the wisest, calmest response in this thread. Be optimistic, but emotionally prepare yourself for it to last a long time. Even if everyone does what they are supposed to, it will still last a long time. That's flattening the curve: prolonging the outbreak so we don't overload hospitals, but it's still prolonging the precautions. I believe most of the brides on these forums are being incredibly naive on what this virus can do (and is doing) around the globe. Rescheduling isn't the end of the world. We all put a ton of effort and money into it but that's not worth putting more people at risk.
I really appreciate that, Jordan. It's a shame when all people want to hear is others validating what they themselves want to believe. But I guess that's human nature. ¯\_(?)_/¯
I really truly hope things are more calm and social distancing is less extreme by the summer. I also hope summer brides prepare themselves in case that's not what happens. For example, calling venues and vendors, seeing if they can hold an alternate date for you if worst comes to worst, checking the latest that the florist will permit you to postpone so they haven't cut/ordered the flowers by the time you have to postpone, etc.
I saw a heartbreaking story about a family in New Jersey that had seven members contract covid 19 after a family dinner, and four of them died. I can't even imagine how horrendous and devastating that is. And that's just a family dinner! It's not worth it. It just isn't.
I'm July 18 and beginning to panic as well. As of now, I've heard some brides that are April/May are moving to July/August so that gave me some hope. It's a waiting game. I feel like the end of next week will be somewhat telling. I did go ahead and reach out to my venue about possible second options. It's really taken a lot of the joy out of wedding planning. I know that's selfish, but it's how I feel.
My wedding is scheduled for May 30th but I'm thinking we definitely will end up having to postpone. I'm looking at a few dates in July - the 11th, 18th and 25th so I've been reading what July brides are thinking at this point. The fall would be too difficult for us to postpone to as we have 4 other weddings this year and our wedding party have friends that are getting married too.
I would really think that this would definitely be over and hopefully long gone by July, but it seems like there are alot of July brides that are nervous! This is so difficult and I have no idea what to do.
Hi there! My wedding is planned for July 25th and while I’m trying to hold hope, I’m also contacting our vendors to see what their rescheduling policies are given the circumstances. Most, if not all, have been completely understanding. My partner and I are waiting until May 1st to make a decision. We are having a large wedding (around 200 people), so there would need to be drastic improvement in regards to COVID-19 cases for us to move forward with the wedding. Since there’s not a lot of existing data and knowledge around COVID-19, there’s no accurate or reliable prediction to base this off of. At this point, it’s a waiting game. For us, we’ve decided that if we have to reschedule that it will be for 2021 when we feel the situation may have a better chance (due to herd immunity, a vaccine, or some relief efforts). Wishing the best for everyone during this stressful time! Please take care of yourselves.
View Quoted Comment
Hi Sydnee we have the same wedding date (July 25, 2020). My fiancé and I are in the same position. We have over 200 plus guests coming to our wedding. It’s pretty much a waiting game at this point which really sucks. Our venue informed us to call back at the beginning of May then we can make a decision about how to move forward. Luckily, I haven’t sent out wedding invitations. I was planning on send them out in May. We have discussed a Plan B just in case which would be going to the courthouse on our date and postponing the wedding until maybe the fall of this year. Everything is so unpredictable right now it’s hard to say exactly what to do.
View Quoted Comment
That’s our date too! 7/26/20. We are definitely postponing. We want everyone there as we are only inviting 75-80 people. Idk if flights will be okay by then, people who lost their jobs, will people even feel safe by then? We have A LOT of friends and family with small children. Plus it gives us more time to save. We will still go down to town hall and get married this year, probably within the next couple of months and then push our reception to summer or fall of 2021. That’s just what feels best for us.
View Quoted Comment
I’m 07/24. This is really a crazy time I hope everything works out for us. We’re at about 120 guests right now. We haven’t postponed but if push comes the shove I’ve been mentally preparing myself. Lol
Our wedding is July 18th and we're not changing anything quite yet, but I have a feeling that will change. Once our venue starts postponing June weddings, we'll go to plan B. If the wedding doesn't happen in July, we will just have to wait.
Just a thought...if you're going to postpone a large party like this, you might want to wait and see what happens in the coming weeks. It would be awful to reschedule everything for 2 or 4 months later, but really that wasn't long enough so you have to do it all again. Personally, we'll probably aim to reschedule for next year. People are going to be struggling. If I had the power to change it now I would, but we have way too much money already spent in deposits, and they won't change the date without us paying an extra fee. Unless the state shuts down all weddings all summer. But our vendors are all cool...hopefully they'll work with us.
Honestly, we stopped wedding plans when things were really starting to look real. Our priorities shifted a little for now. Everything is booked, but the invites, decor, and suits aren't sorted yet and we stopped looking at them. At this rate, I don't think we'll even do invites yet...just our wedding website for now which we can update for guests as time goes on. I'll be bummed if the wedding doesn't happen, but at least we're not sick yet, and no one we know is sick. Life is not going to be the same for a long while...hang in there, future brides!
Well we just moved our date from 3/30 to 7/20 bc our venue had to postpone. I def feel like it'll be better or I would have moved it out further. The worst will be now and the next 2 months ish. Keep calm and carry on. Good vibes that we will all finally get our big day!!!
To be honest I first posted this to hear all Brides say "no way we're lucky to be far enough out there-we'll be fine." Then I watched everything going on in the world and realized this isn't going to be a two week situation (I am Manhattan based currently over 11k cases), My MOH is from Madrid, my family is coming from Brazil, other bridesmaid in Ireland. Honeymoon is Kenya/Seychelles. I called all my Vendors and they told me they would do whatever I wanted and just move my deposits over. Jared (FH) has requested a two-week waiting period. So I agreed and we will make the final call on April 6th- 3 weeks after shutdowns in NYC started. I am not going to lie, I've cried every day the past week over this. I've gone through a lot of things in my life and this wedding meant so much beyond just getting married and I am devastated. However as I watch whats going on in Italy and talk to my best friend in spain, friends who have lost their jobs its quite obvious- it's likely we will all know someone or know someone who knows someone who will die from this. We will or will know someone who lost their jobs from this. If we need to postpone our wedding a year, thats ok. Nothing changes in our relationship, in fact I somehow fell in love with Jared more over this. I aways knew he was a solid rock but this whole thing made me realize know matter what happens in life I am safe when I am with him. I wish you all the inner peace I've recently found.