We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Lynnie
WeddingWire Administrator October 2016

Is your MOH friend or family?

Lynnie, on May 29, 2019 at 1:15 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 28
Saved Save

Whether you have a maid of honor, matron of honor, or man of honor - who did you choose as MOH? Are you keeping it in the family, or did you ask one of your best friends? Do you have more than one??

Is your MOH friend or family?

Is your MOH friend or family? 1

Photo from The Beauty Tribe in Kernersville, NC

For more discussions about your 'maids, check out: How many bridesmaids and groomsmen?, Are you including your future in-laws in the wedding party?, and Mix or Match?

28 Comments

• Jessica
    VIP October 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

My cousin is my MOH, but I do consider her a "friend" as well so I guess both..haha

• Lauren
    Rockstar February 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

My childhood best friend is my Matron of Honor, and my best friend from college is my Maid of Honor!

• Future Mrs. K
    VIP June 2019
    Future Mrs. K ·
    • Flag

Friend. She has been my best friend since we were kids. Both of us have brothers only and always wanted a sister and since we have essentially grown up together and experienced everything together from young kids to now, it truly does feel like we are sisters sometimes. Her dad will kiss us both on the top of the head when we walk into her parents house lol. I wish everyone could have a friendship like we have. She is truly everything to me.

• Meghan
    Super September 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

My MOH is a friend. I've actually known her since 1st grade! Though we didn't become close friends until high school.

• Heather
    Expert April 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag

I had a real hard time deciding who I wanted as my MOH. I ended up choosing one of my best friends from college. We have stayed pretty close even after graduating and we live like 5 minutes from each other. I just felt like she was the best option because she will be married by the time I get married, she lives the closest out of all my girls, and she just seemed really into helping me plan and everything. She wants to throw me a bridal shower and a fun bachelorette party as well. I have step-sisters and a sister-in-law, but I'm not close enough to them to have any of them in my bridal party, so I went with all friends.

• Maria
    Super October 2019
    Maria ·
    • Flag

Friend. I struggled with it since I was my sister's MOH but ultimately chose who I was closest with.

• Michele
    Savvy October 2022
    Michele ·
    • Flag

I don't have a sister, and couldn't decide between friends. So I left all my friends as bridesmaids and my dog is the "dog of honor". She even has a cute little bandanna with flowers that says is on there. His dog is his best man. And we are having two of the JR Bridesmaids walk them down the isle.

• Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

Friend. My best friend and roommate from college. It's nice though because she is getting married this June so she has a lot of tips for wedding planning.

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·
    • Flag

My MOH is my cousin!

• Formerbride
    VIP June 2019
    Formerbride ·
    • Flag
    Friend! We've been friends since we were kids. If I were to choose family, I would have chosen my aunt.
  • Danielle K
    VIP June 2019
    Danielle K ·
    • Flag

My Maid of honor is my older sister but I also consider her one of my best friends. My matron of honor is my cousin but again also one of my best friends

• Dita
    Expert August 2019
    Dita ·
    • Flag
    My MOH is my older sister!
  • Cori
    Devoted June 2020
    Cori ·
    • Flag

Friend of 14 years. All my bridesmaids are close friends as I don't have any sisters, aunts, or cousins.

• Emily
    Super April 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag

Both my Matron of Honor and Maid of Honor are friends from my childhood!

• Kate
    Devoted November 2019
    Kate ·
    • Flag
    Family! I was my little sister's maid of honor, and she'll be my matron of honor. We always planned on doing this for each other!
  • Brianna N
    Super October 2019
    Brianna N ·
    • Flag

My MOH is my 16 year old sister, she was so happy when I asked! I wanted her to feel special Smiley heart

• Jessica
    Savvy June 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    I chose my sister, who is 13 years old, and have my special attendant for the signing. I only have 1 labeled with the maid of the honor. Rest are just Bm and a special attendant.
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

MOH is one of my best friends of over five years Smiley smile

• Merline
    Super February 2020
    Merline ·
    • Flag

My best friend from kindergarten is my Matron and my cousin is my Maid. Both are like sister's to me!

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag

Mine is my niece Savannah. She's 27 and one of the best people i've ever known. She really excited about it too

Comment on this discussion

Related articles