OnCloudRawls
VIP June 2019

Is wearing white necessary for all wedding events?

OnCloudRawls, on April 6, 2018 at 8:37 PM Posted in Parties and Events 0 54
Saved Save

I already have my opinion on the matter, but I would love to hear everyone else's opinion on Brides to Be wearing white at all of the wedding events (bachelorette party, bridal shower, and rehearsal dinner). What are your thoughts?

54 Comments

• AJ
    VIP September 2018
    AJ ·
    • Flag

I don't think it's necessary at all, a pretty dress in cheerful colors or prints seems perfectly fine. But I'm wearing white to all events anyways, because my wedding dress is pink...I still want to take advantage of the opportunities to wear white, and it won't take away from the surprise or uniqueness of my actual wedding dress Smiley smile

• C
    Devoted September 2020
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    Definitely not necessary
  • Going to the chapel
    Master July 2017
    Going to the chapel ·
    • Flag

I didn't and don't personally know any bride that has. Feel free to wear whatever color you want!

• muriel
    Champion June 2018
    muriel ·
    • Flag

Of course not.

• Kaylyn
    Super May 2019
    Kaylyn ·
    • Flag
    Not necessary at all, I’ll wear white to my wedding and that’s it. I don’t own a whole lot of white, and I wouldn’t want to buy extra outfits just because I’m getting married
  • J
    Dedicated May 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t wear white at my bridal shower. I don’t plan on wearing white at my bachelorette party. I might wear white at the rehearsal dinner. I have a white dress with flowers my mom bought me for my birthday.
  • K
    Just Said Yes March 2019
    kanemia ·
    • Flag
    I’ don’t plan on wearing a white dress
  • Stephanie
    Super March 2018
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t wear white to any events because I wanted to be able to wear those outfits again and I very rarely wear white/ivory. Wear what makes you feel beautiful!
  • Yoomie
    VIP October 2018
    Yoomie ·
    • Flag
    It's not necessary but I'm going because I like to stand out.
  • MsMyWay
    Dedicated August 2018
    MsMyWay ·
    • Flag
    Definitely not necessary but i probably will wear all white. However, my reception dress isn’t white.
  • Lee
    Devoted May 2019
    Lee ·
    • Flag
    I hope not. It sounds awful to me.
  • Nemo
    VIP August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag
    Heck no! I’m wearing a pastel yellow dress to my first shower.
  • OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag

Ladies, that's exactly how I feel. I want to save the moment of me wearing white for my wedding day, but my mom thinks that I should wear white to each event.

• A
    Expert September 2019
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    Personally not necessary. Especially if it’s the bride to be, it should be what the bride wants to wear!
  • MrsSnez
    Super October 2018
    MrsSnez ·
    • Flag
    I've seen a couple white/floral dresses that I may buy (if they go on sale 😂) but in general no, I'm not planning on buying anything extra for all the other events. My closet is mainly black, grey and olive green so the chances I'd wear a white outfit again are slim.
  • Kiley
    Super February 2019
    Kiley ·
    • Flag
    Not necessary. I will most likely get 1 maybe 2 outfits that are white for pre-wedding events. But other than that I won't be buying a lot of extra white outfits I'll never wear again
  • Lex
    VIP September 2019
    Lex ·
    • Flag
    It’s not necessary but the dresses I have picked out are mostly white, even if my actual wedding dress isn’t.
  • A
    Expert October 2018
    Alison ·
    • Flag
    Not necessary at all!
  • K
    Devoted October 2018
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    I am not sure what I will wear but I am leaning towards only wearing white day of the wedding. I did read sowmthing online about wearing another color than white for the rehearsal dinner so people are more in awe (i can't find the exact word I want right now) day if the wedding. It may sound dumb but I liked that thought.
  • A
    Dedicated September 2018
    Alexis ·
    • Flag
    I don't think it's necessary, but if you want to go for it!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics