J
Beginner June 2018

Is it possible to do a wedding under 7 thousand?

Janice, on January 15, 2017 at 7:33 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 85
Saved

Need some advice

85 Comments

Latest activity by Toni, on January 20, 2022 at 9:57 PM
  • Must Love Cats
    Master October 2017
    Must Love Cats ·
    • Flag

Depends on what you're looking for, how many guests, and what vendors you want included for your day.

• BeachDreams
    Master May 2017
    BeachDreams ·
    • Flag

Yup, but you have to plan accordingly. The first is by setting you guest list based on your budget. What is you location and how many guests are you hoping to host?

• BeachDreams
    Master May 2017
    BeachDreams ·
    • Flag

Double post

• Kathy
    Master July 2010
    Kathy ·
    • Flag

Yes. It all depends on the venue you chose, the caterer, the beverages and the number of guests. Also the area you will have it in (aka, different parts of the country have different prices).

We need more information to tell you if we think you are on track or not.

• TreeShade
    Master September 2016
    TreeShade ·
    • Flag

Sure is!

Think intimate and minimalist. Everything in one location. Cut STD, favors, and expensive decor.

• GoingBALDwin!!!!!
    Master April 2017
    GoingBALDwin!!!!! ·
    • Flag

All you need for a wedding is catered food, open bar, officiant, marriage license, and a FW/FH.

find out the cost of the license and officiant first. Then what's left over will tell you your budget. You then decide how many guest you can properly host. And pick a venue

• OnCloudCrutcher
    Expert September 2017
    OnCloudCrutcher ·
    • Flag

Yes, my wedding is under 7,000 with 100 guests. Just depends on venue and what type of wedding you want!

• E
    Savvy September 2016
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

Yes it is! Just make the things you want to remember priority and let the other things stay small.

• J
    Beginner June 2018
    Janice ·
    • Flag

Is it cheaper to get married in a church or outside? Possibly 150 people also will be there.

• BeachDreams
    Master May 2017
    BeachDreams ·
    • Flag

@Janice, likely in a church. If you have an outdoor venue you with either need a tent (which can get super pricey) just in case it rains or an indoor back up plan. Are you trying to host 150 guests with 7k? That will likely be super difficult.

• The Trap Selena
    Master March 2016
    The Trap Selena ·
    • Flag

It's possible but your guest list would have to be tiny...as in immediate family and a couple of close friends only.

• Celia Milton
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

Keep your guest list very small. Churches being cheaper? Not always.

And 150 guests? Not going to happen. Typically your reception is half of your budget (the rest going to dress, music, photography, etc. That gives you 3500 for 150 guests.

It's not enough. Yan probably entertain 50 guests nicely for that.

• Mrs. Coakley
    Master June 2017
    Mrs. Coakley ·
    • Flag

150 guests on 7000 While still properly hosting is impossible. I suggest you cut your list down to 50 or less

• V
    Beginner July 2017
    Veronica ·
    • Flag

When starting to plan my wedding, my goal was to keep the total as close to $10,000 as I could. My venue (ceremony, reception, food, etc included) is going to end up being about $12,500. Granted I picked a golf course, but everything else for my wedding is going to be about $3,000, including all of the last minute things with favors. If you are trying to stay less than $7,000, I would look at sales on things (ex. wedding dress). Many places that go to bridal shows offer big discounts on things; for example, at the bridal show I went to today, David's bridal was offering $50 gift cards for filling out a sheet of paper, a hair salon was offering 50% off of hair styling if you put a deposit down that day. You can also look at using things that you already own (ex. shoes and jewelry).

I know in my area (upstate NY), you can rent houses in a park and have the wedding there for about $500 for the day, you just need to get your own caterer and seating arrangements.

Hope this helped!

• K.M.
    Master September 2018
    K.M. ·
    • Flag

Cut your guest list if your budget is 7000

• Mrs.KatieK
    Master September 2016
    Mrs.KatieK ·
    • Flag

-Have a very small guest list.

-Look at uncommon venues.

-Don't sacrifice your guest's comfort to save money.

• Phil
    Super October 2017
    Phil ·
    • Flag

A cruise wedding is Less than that and it comes with everything....the cake, the food, the open bar, and the honeymoon!

• Amanda
    VIP October 2016
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

I was able to for 65 guests BUT it also depends on where you live. The same wedding somewhere else would easily have cost more than double.

We still had photography, videography, excellent food, & alcohol but it took a ton of research on my part to find quality vendors that fit in my budget.

ETA: I just saw your guest list number. The only way I see you being able to do that for $7000 is if you did a punch & cake afternoon wedding.

• Natalie
    VIP October 2017
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

Largely depends on your location, guest count, and venue

• Stephanie
    Devoted July 2017
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

Completely impossible, No (I've got 150 guests & also wanted to stay at 7k, but in reality Im closer to 8k). Now that being said, it is EXTREMELY difficult (cut guestlist if possible). My venue is at a state park and only costing us $208 for 21hrs, my dress is being bought 2nd hand. Having available cash on hand has been the most helpful thing. That way when I've found some crazy good deal I was able to purchase it, without having to worry if it'll be there by the time I can come back for it. I also recommend a lot of DIY if your on a budget... Don't stress out, you can do this!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics