Jessica
Savvy August 2022

Is it overboard ?

Jessica, on April 13, 2021 at 7:39 AM

Posted in Wedding Attire 44

My Fiancé and I have known each other for about 8 years. When we first met it was an instant connection. Back in September of last year my Fiancé had given me a promise ring (first picture).....In late December he proposed the second picture is my engagement ring. We are due to be married August...
cfb_1469447.jpg
cfb_1469449.jpg

cfb_1469451.jpg
My Fiancé and I have known each other for about 8 years. When we first met it was an instant connection.
Back in September of last year my Fiancé had given me a promise ring (first picture).....In late December he proposed the second picture is my engagement ring. We are due to be married August 2022. The 3rd picture is my bridal set...Which I won’t be wearing until our wedding day. The other day I over heard one of my good friends for the past 20 years talking about how it’s overboard and unnecessary.....Is she right? Is it unnecessary for him to get me so many? I just don’t understand I thought she was happy for me and now I hear her talking like that to other people.

44 Comments

• Alyssa
    Savvy August 2022
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    First off that lady is not your friend second do you like them? if so then they’re perfect for you everyone likes different things my bff wants a HUGE square and i would never want that bc it’s just not the same type but if you like it that’s all that matters
  • Ivory
    Dedicated August 2024
    Ivory ·
    • Flag

Is it necessary for him to get you all those rings? No, but then, even just a plain wedding band isn't necessary in order to show devotion. Rings are gifts meant to symbolize everlasting love, and if this is how your FI chooses to express his love for you, there is absolutely no harm in it!

Maybe it's "extra" but then the entire concept of wedding and engagement rings arguably is, to begin with. All of those look absolutely beautiful on you and anyone who's badmouthing you or your SO for how he chooses to show his love is being rude. But that's her problem, not yours! Enjoy the tokens of affection and ignore anyone who has a problem with it Smiley smile

• Ivory
    Dedicated August 2024
    Ivory ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Well said!

Just Said Yes May 2021
    . Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Quite honestly, it is none of her business. I find when others put you down or talk negatively about you, is because they are very unhappy with themselves. Don't what others think, as long as you are happy, that's all the matters

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics