Skip to main content
CruzWin
Dedicated February 2020

i don't love my wedding dress

CruzWin, on April 25, 2019 at 5:44 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 26
Saved
So i bought my wedding dress. got a good deal on it. I like it but don't love it. Am i supposed to love it???

26 Comments

Latest activity by Laronda, on May 24, 2022 at 7:36 AM
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

Do you feel like you tried on enough? What don't you love about it?

• Madison
    Dedicated November 2019
    Madison ·
    • Flag
    I don't absolutely love my dress, but when I tried it on all of the people I brought with cried. I know when I have it on and I'm all glammed up I will like it more. I kind of have regrets but I got a good deal plus it's a dress I'm only going to wear it for 1 day
  • Iva
    Super September 2019
    Iva ·
    • Flag
    I love my dress & can’t wait to wear it! But I think everybody has different level of emotions about their dress. The most important thing is that you feel good & beautiful when you put your dress on.
    What don’t you love about it? If it’s a particular detail (sleeves, straps, train shape etc.) you could probably change it during alterations.
  • Alyssa
    Super September 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

I love my dress and can't wait to wear it. However, the love didn't come right away. I knew when I tried it on that it was my dress but I just couldn't pin point what it was missing to make me head over heels for it. Sure enough, when my own dress came in and we matched it with a veil, headpiece, and jewelry I truly fell in love with it. It felt like mine.

• Katherine
    Expert July 2019
    Katherine ·
    • Flag

Do you love any clothes in your closet or any outfits you've worn before? If not, then you definitely don't need to start loving clothes just for this occasion.

• #RMC2019
    Expert July 2019
    #RMC2019 ·
    • Flag
    Yes You should love your dress... sometimes certain things grow on you meaning you may like it more layer on... give it time.. keep looking at it. Where did you get it?
  • Macee
    Dedicated October 2019
    Macee ·
    • Flag
    I didn't love my dress, but I really like it. I can't love a material item.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Haaaa!!!! I love this reply. 👍🏽
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    What is it that you don’t like about your dress? I ask because you liked it enough to purchase it. Have you continued looking at other dresses after buying yours? If so, that often leads to unnecessary doubt.
    💋🐩
  • Victorian Bride
    Master April 2023
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    I absolutely LOVE my gown. I was a size 10 and the sample was a 20, but I still fell in love with this pale pink, girly ballgown. It is my dream dress!! I've hated it ever since it came in. It's a gorgeous dress, but it doesn't compliment my figure, and it should. Now I'm ill and my gown is too little. I just pray by the time alterations come around, I love my gown again. It should look perfect on my figure. I have sworn since day 1 it's a manufacturing cutting issue. I have a degree in Fashion. I hope you love your gown!! I think it's important. ❤
  • Kristen
    VIP June 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t cry over my dress or anything but it’s great and I feel beautiful and confident in it. I don’t believe when it comes to dresses that there is “the one.” I honestly liked all but 2 that I tried, this one just was a little prettier to me
  • Kristen
    VIP June 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    Oh and mine had a prettier price than most as well which wasn’t one of my deciding factors
  • CruzWin
    Dedicated February 2020
    CruzWin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol good point indeed
  • H
    Savvy October 2019
    H G ·
    • Flag
    Honestly I think brides feel way too much pressure to find the dress that is “the one”. I found a dress that I really liked that was in my price range, and that was good enough for me. I’m just not the type to get emotionally invested a dress I’m going to wear for one day.

I think you need to pinpoint what the real issue is here - are you just comparing to expectations and worried that you’re not feeling what you “supposed” to feel? Or do you actually DISlike your dress?
  • CruzWin
    Dedicated February 2020
    CruzWin ·
    • Flag
    I guess im just nervous. Its a mermaid and i hope i look decent enough to wear it. I got it in an area in Houston that sells dresses like prom and wedding for dirt cheap. Like under 500 for my wedding dress. I don't see myself spending so much on a dress for 1 day. i think my arms look fat in it also.
  • Tara
    Expert June 2019
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    Nope! I am not in love with my dress. I am not the type though that would have gotten emotional over one though. I really like it and I think it compliments the vibe of the wedding and my fiancé will like it so it hit everything it needed to. Do not fret!
  • Expert August 2020
    ·
    • Flag

Ouch! I hope it grows on you, assuming you can't return it. From reading comments, as well as my own experience, to some extent, dress regret/dislike happens. Maybe trying it on with your, shoes, makeup, hairstyle, and veil (or whatever decoration for your head) will help.

• Denise
    Super September 2019
    Denise ·
    • Flag

I love mine, I even cried, but not everyone's the same. I hope you figure it all out! Best wishes!

• Toni
    Expert January 2020
    Toni ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This!! It’s clothes. you should like the way you look for sure but in the end it’s just clothes🤷🏻‍♀️
    “The one” is totally a concept that doesn’t exists for some people
    that being said. You should feel beautiful in it ❤️
  • Krystin
    Expert October 2019
    Krystin ·
    • Flag

I also had dress regret. I bought mine the first day I tried on gowns, so I didn't really shop around and ended up choosing the exact opposite of what I wanted. But I must say, when I put the dress on for my first fitting, I was so happy. Maybe give it some time.... most people question the dress right after purchasing it because having a dress you love is so important. You might feel differently once you get to put it back on.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics