Skip to main content
CruzWin
Dedicated February 2020

i don't love my wedding dress

CruzWin, on April 25, 2019 at 5:44 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 26

So i bought my wedding dress. got a good deal on it. I like it but don't love it. Am i supposed to love it???
So i bought my wedding dress. got a good deal on it. I like it but don't love it. Am i supposed to love it???

26 Comments

• C
    Devoted September 2019
    Caitlyn ·
    • Flag

I don't think so. I don't love my dress but I like it enough. I tried on 50-60 dresses and choose this dress because it fit what I envisioned for my wedding and the theme (classic, simple, traditional). I didn't love any of the dresses I tried on to be honest. I'm just not that type of person.

• A
    Dedicated June 2019
    Andrea ·
    • Flag

I hate to admit this, but I started shopping for dresses right away (over a year ago), and I tried on dozens. I found what I thought was THE dress and loved most everything about it. As time went on, I kept looking at dresses, wanting perhaps to find something that would WOW me. I did find another dress that had most of the things I loved about the first dress, but not all. However, it did have a couple of things the first dress did not. I went back and forth for months. Then, I saw another dress and thought, aha! this is the one! Then, I saw ANOTHER dress and thought, yes, this is absolutely it. Well I'm embarrassed to say that I ended up buying several dresses (I plan to sell them anyway) and have been in a ridiculous conundrum for so long. I finally narrowed it down to two of the dresses and planned to get them both altered and take them both to the venue on our big day to decide then. Well, that is silly - I'd still be int he same situation and I DON'T want to be in ANY kind of a 'situation' on our wedding day! I asked SO many people and they all declared that I couldn't go wrong with any of the dresses that I had purchased. NO HELP! Having to to have my fitting day before yesterday, I HAD to chose. Period. I chose dress number 2, and when I tried it on again, I fell in love with it all over again. And it WILL be the perfect dress. I'm usually very decisive, and I have been about everything else except the dress. I'm glad to have that settled in my own mind and heart. And someone told me, "The one you want to be beautiful for, already thinks you are the most beautiful woman in the world." WOW!!! That was such an inspiring piece of wisdom!!!

• Zil3790
    Savvy June 2019
    Zil3790 ·
    • Flag

I have actually been also having second thoughts on my dress... I like it, but again I don't love it. Just like you I got a really good deal. I was talking to my sisters about this and they kept on reassuring that the dress is beautiful and it looks good. I didn't cry when I got it either... Have you been comparing your dress to others ( I have been watching non stop say yess to the dress, which didn't help) You obviously picked that dress for a reason, and I am sure YOU WILL LOOK AMAING IN IT!!!!

• CruzWin
    Dedicated February 2020
    CruzWin ·
    • Flag
    Thanks ladies!! I hope the dress grows on me and i learn to like it more.
  • Leigh
    Just Said Yes April 2022
    Leigh ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi! I’m curious if you had any luck selling your other gowns? And if so, any tips? Thank you!
  • Laronda
    Just Said Yes March 2023
    Laronda ·
    • Flag
    Before the appointment I knew exactly what I wanted. A nice form-fitting dress that makes me feel taller and sexy without revealing too much in the bosom area. I had a prom dress that did just that.

There were two that were potentials, nothing perfect Then they brought another dress that didn't fit any of my requirements, but I wasn't thinking about that at that time. It looked beautiful in life. I tried a different dress at another store and it could have been the one. It did everything I wanted the dress to do. It was Nike expensive, which was on my mind. But it possibly should have been the one. My people weren't giving me straight answers and. were disappointed with pictures of the first dress. Instead of holding on to the second dress as a real possibility, we rushed back to the other store before it closed and tried it on again. They ooood and awwwed about it and I bought it though it's not the style I was set on. Instead I bought it because everyone had the wow factor. Everyone but me. Unfortunately I was caught up in their wow factor. And now it keeps me up at night.
    I will call the store tomorrow, though I'm sure they'll just send me to there seamstress. I'll try other seamstresses to. Just hoping I won't have to spend a fortune to fall in love with it. Or I may see about selling it and starting over

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics