Sarah
Dedicated May 2021

How to notify guests that wedding is postponed?

Sarah, on March 16, 2020 at 12:24 PM Posted in Planning 0 6
Saved

Invitations are already out and RSVP's are rolling in... but with the CDC's new recommendations, we are postponing our wedding. How have brides in the same position notified guests?? Do we need to send out letters? That's a lot of money on postage!!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Molly, on March 16, 2020 at 2:00 PM
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I would call guests individually. It may take awhile, but try to get your fiance & parents to help if they can. I would be worried letters wouldn't reach people in time.

• Jennifer
    VIP August 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

I am going to call, text, etc. And then I will send a postcard with our new date when we have it. This sucks Smiley sad

• Alisa
    Devoted October 2021
    Alisa ·
    • Flag
    We called, text and emailed all our guests and vendors.
  • Hillary
    Expert October 2021
    Hillary ·
    • Flag
    We are emailing or calling our guests
  • Rowena
    Beginner March 2021
    Rowena ·
    • Flag
    We sent a text to our guests. Many of them are from out of state/country so it was the fastest way to notify them. It would be best not to add to the overwhelming load that delivery folks would have to deal with during this time. Guests would also appreciate the personal connection and be able to respond right away. Plus, there are likely fees for postponing so it’s best not to add to it by sending a pretty card.
  • Molly
    Devoted October 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

We found out yesterday that we have to reschedule our wedding... our new wedding date is 10/31/20. The venue transferred all our date and aren't charging us since this is a natural disaster that's out of our control. We've started texting friends and family members about the date and it being postponed; we will then send out new Save the Dates to those who have RSVP's yes for the March wedding. I'm sending you positive thoughts!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics