J
Savvy April 2014

How to delete a photo from "My Photos" section of "Change Photo" window? (New/Upgraded Wedding Website)

jinjer, on December 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM Posted in Planning 0 19
Saved Save

I have the new/upgraded wedding website, and I uploaded test photos while editing my website. Now the test photos appear in the "My Photos" section of the "Change Photo" window that comes up whenever I want to change a photo. How do I delete the test photos from "My Photos"? I just want to cut out the clutter.

19 Comments

• Sarah
    Just Said Yes November 2014
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

I have the same question!

• J
    Savvy April 2014
    jinjer ·
    • Flag

The photos disappear from the "My Photos" section when you delete them from the webpage.

• Sarah
    Just Said Yes November 2014
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

Thank you!

• T
    Just Said Yes June 2015
    Tom ·
    • Flag

My "My Photos" section has a bunch of photos that aren't used on any of my webpages, and they haven't disappeared. How do I delete them?

• A
    Just Said Yes January 2015
    Adriana ·
    • Flag

Yes great question....I don't want test pictures that are not in use to count towards the 200 that are allowed. Anybody have luck removing pics from "My Photos" section?

• Nelly
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Nelly ·
    • Flag

Indeed. It's a really bad design flaw by the IT department not to include a way to delete the photos & images from the website server entirely. So far, I've reached out via their facebook, and email support (support@weddingwire.com), hopefully it gets fixed soon! Smiley smile

• Marcela
    Just Said Yes February 2015
    Marcela ·
    • Flag

Same question here!!!

• M
    Just Said Yes October 2015
    Madeline ·
    • Flag

Also trying to figure this out. Hate to have photos I'm not using taking up that 200 photo storage limit. Anyone have any luck getting an answer on this?

• K
    kiptrip ·
    • Flag

I'm having the same issue. Anyone have an update on how to fix this?

• K
    kiptrip ·
    • Flag

Jinjer had it right. Delete the section you uploaded the image to and the photos uploaded to that section will disappear. Bit stupid and inconvenient but it does work.

• alyce
    Just Said Yes July 2015
    alyce ·
    • Flag

Deleting the section does NOT delete the photos. I tried that. My photos were uploading out of order and I figured out an easy way to change the filenames and keep the in order but now I can't delete the old files from the My Photos section. I just want to share my wedding pics with family who couldn't make it!! Gr...

• H
    Just Said Yes July 2015
    Heather ·
    • Flag

Still no way? Super annoying.

• T
    Just Said Yes April 2016
    thatsaRAP2016 ·
    • Flag

I figured it out!

you can delete one at a time and its a bit time consuming......but its the best option....

click "add a section" on whichever section you want then click "image" then choose 1 photo you want to delete then after that you delete the whole section then repeat the process until all the photos you want deleted is gon

• Amanda
    Beginner June 2016
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

Its not working for me Smiley sad

• P
    Just Said Yes August 2016
    Private User ·
    • Flag

Any update on this issue?

• D
    Just Said Yes September 2016
    DiDo2 ·
    • Flag

I can't believe this has been an issue for this long and still no fix! Deleting a section does not work.

• Xuan-Phuong
    Just Said Yes June 2017
    Xuan-Phuong ·
    • Flag

Deleting a section works for me, but make sure that you don't use that photo anywhere else.

I add the unused pic to an empty section, saved it, then delete the section. Repeat these steps all over again until you delete all unused photos.

• PammyJ
    Dedicated May 2018
    PammyJ ·
    • Flag

Geez, it's 2017 now and deleting unused photos is still not fixed or updated. This should be one of the easiest things to allow... put an "EDIT" button on the photo section. PLEASE!

• Katherine
    Beginner October 2020
    Katherine ·
    • Flag

It is now 2019 and there is still not a fix to this problem that I can see. Wedding Wire support obviously doesn't care.

Comment on this discussion