A
Dedicated March 2021

How many wedding no-shows?

Annika, on March 1, 2021 at 2:28 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 31
Saved
For those that already got married, how many guest didn’t show up? And what did you end up doing with the extra food?

31 Comments

Latest activity by Annika, on March 7, 2021 at 2:21 PM
  • V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    We had about 5 people tell us they were attending but ended up not attending. The one we knew in advance there was a probability she might not attend, but she was hoping she would be able to. We had a buffet style wedding so I'm not sure if there was extra food and if there was the our venue who provided the catering dealt with it.
  • A
    Dedicated March 2021
    Annika ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for your reply. Yeah, with a buffet you don’t really notice if people were missing.
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    We didn’t have anyone who didn’t show up, but we had one person leave after cocktail hour due to a family emergency. My husband actually ended up eating the extra meal lol
  • A
    Dedicated March 2021
    Annika ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Aww sorry to hear that they had an emergency. On another note, glad to hear the food didn’t go to waste haha
  • Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

We didn't have any no-shows. Well, technically, we had one person who had RSVP-ed yes not attend because he was sick, but he informed us that morning so it wasn't really a no-show. I have no clue what happened to that one extra meal though.

• A
    Dedicated March 2021
    Annika ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! I guess I’m worrying about the extra food when in actuality it’s not a big deal.
    Glad to hear everybody had very low numbers of no-shows.
  • Ava
    VIP May 2022
    Ava ·
    • Flag
    The last wedding I attended (pre-covid) had a few no-shows and the venue (or maybe the caterers?) boxed up the extra food and sent it up to the hotel room for the couple. Which was awesome because we had an after party and you better bet us wedding party eat up all the rest of that food at 3 AM lol
  • Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

We did not have any no shows and did not have wasted food.

• L
    Lady ·
    • Flag

We had 3 no-shows but it was a buffet with lots of extra food anyway Smiley smile Could they just box up any extra meals and send them home with you (or your parents, or whoever) at the end of the night?

• Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    We’re doing a buffet style dinner. Our caterer already told us to bring containers for the leftovers.
  • A
    Dedicated March 2021
    Annika ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hahaha that’s awesome. Late night food tastes the best after having a few drinks ☺️
  • A
    Dedicated March 2021
    Annika ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s great - leftovers are always good
  • A
    Dedicated March 2021
    Annika ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah probably. I’m sure we will find a way. I was more curious than anything and hope for no no-shows
  • A
    Dedicated March 2021
    Annika ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Perfect scenario!
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I want to say I had a handful of ppl not show
  • Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag

I think we had 3 out of 59? But I knew the day-of that two of them weren't coming (they were sick). I know I got a plate of gnocchi out of the deal though!

• J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    One couple detoured to the local hospital on their way, morning before Our wedding, baby coming 4weeks early. We let the kitchen know. The next am early the Inn manager asked if anyone was going to the hospital. He had them make up sandwiches, extra cake, for poor Dad , eating out of a snack vending machine. Custard Pie, chicken sandwich, cake. Nice of them.
  • A
    Dedicated March 2021
    Annika ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sad that the guests didn’t show (but understandable) but glad you got the gnocchi ☺️
  • A
    Dedicated March 2021
    Annika ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    How incredibly sweet! That’s a lovely story ♥️
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    If you or anyone you know has a food saver to help store it- that’s what we’re going to do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics