We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Rebecca
Master October 2025

How many dresses have you tried on?

Rebecca, on January 22, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Posted in Wedding Attire 311

Not everyone finds their perfect wedding dress on the first try! 😉How many dresses did you try on before you said “yes” to the dress? Photo from Only One Tailoring in Nashville, TN Next Question: How many times a day do you say I love you? Back to the Beginning: Your wedding in numbers! Round...

Not everyone finds their perfect wedding dress on the first try! 😉How many dresses did you try on before you said “yes” to the dress?

KI3UQV4fOXo8n99zhaKk9cLcDtPTKbtg6nYlnbIW

cfb_1118499.jpg

Photo from Only One Tailoring in Nashville, TN

Next Question: How many times a day do you say I love you?

Back to the Beginning: Your wedding in numbers! Round three!

311 Comments

• M
    Beginner April 2019
    Mikaila ·
    • Flag

This one was a hurdle for me. I think I tried around 50 dresses at 5 different dress shops. I could not find something I felt good about spending the money on and I saw so many I liked I couldn't afford.

• Angel
    Beginner April 2019
    Angel ·
    • Flag
    3 they all been used because i just dont wanna spend high dollar on a wedding dress but finally found the one i want its almost done with alterations cant wait to get it and put it in my closet❤
  • Cassandra
    Beginner November 2019
    Cassandra ·
    • Flag
    I’m taking a small break while I take a few extra love handles off lol
  • ALYSSA
    Devoted September 2019
    ALYSSA ·
    • Flag

About 14 Smiley catface

5 were at David's bridal with absolute no luck

5 at a local bridal shop- the first one I tried on here, is the one I decided was THE DRESS

4 at one other shop a little ways out, just to be sure I wasn't missing out on anything

• Johnny
    Beginner August 2019
    Johnny ·
    • Flag

Well since we're both grooms, neither one of us will be in a dress! We've tried on one tux from the Bridal Shop that we got our bridesmaids/groomsmaids dresses from and we didn't like what we saw/tried on, so we ordered online and found our perfect tuxes! Smiley heart

• Lucrecia
    Savvy October 2019
    Lucrecia ·
    • Flag
    3! Dress number two was my choice!! 🥰🥰
  • Analysa
    Beginner September 2019
    Analysa ·
    • Flag
    I tried on about 7 dresses but the first one I tried on was the one I picked!
  • Nicole
    Dedicated September 2019
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

I went to 7 stores and after the first 3 and feeling extremely overwhelmed by trying on everyone’s idea of the dress I should wear. I analyzed the photos that night and learned what style I liked. The next day when I went shopping, I asked the store to look around and I picked one or two dresses at the store to try on. I believe it was dress number 20 that I fell in love with. Total say yes to the dress moment, complete with tears.

• Emily
    Just Said Yes March 2024
    Emily ·
    • Flag

Zero I am not at the weight I want to be at yet

• Yenmi
    Beginner June 2019
    Yenmi ·
    • Flag
    Oh I tried on 5 dresses! It was so fun!!
  • Amanda
    Dedicated March 2019
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

God I want to say the lady at David's bridal had me try on like 20 dresses! I felt like I was drowning! Then I tried on 3 at Camille la vie and the third one was the charm

• Kristy
    Dedicated April 2019
    Kristy ·
    • Flag

I didn't count, but I know it was at least twenty. I had no clue what I wanted and didn't even have a favorite silhouette. I ended up choosing a dress with the neckline I had said I was sure I didn't want (the only decision I went into dress shopping with).

• Jessalyn
    Just Said Yes September 2019
    Jessalyn ·
    • Flag
    I tried on 4 dresses before saying YES to my beautiful dress!
  • Felicia
    Beginner October 2019
    Felicia ·
    • Flag
    I really want to try on a dress but not until we get the foundation of our wedding planning squared away. What’s left of the budget will allow me to go confidently and shop for my dress 👗. I want to be wise with what money we have. ❤️
  • Niesie
    Beginner August 2019
    Niesie ·
    • Flag
    The first dress I tried on is the one I ordered. But no one knows besides me and my fiancé. We happened to stop by the bridal salon at Macy’s and saw the perfect dress before I booked an appointment. I tried it on and loved it. But still had to make an appointment for my mom and bridal party. Tried on 3 other dresses there and then wanted to see if I could find a cheaper option. So went somewhere else and tried on about 6 dresses. Just to go back to Macy’s and order my dream dress.
  • Niesie
    Beginner August 2019
    Niesie ·
    • Flag
    The first dress I tried on is the one I ordered. But no one knows besides me and my fiancé. We happened to stop by the bridal salon at Macy’s and saw the perfect dress before I booked an appointment. I tried it on and loved it. But still had to make an appointment for my mom and bridal party. Tried on 3 other dresses there and then wanted to see if I could find a cheaper option. So went somewhere else and tried on about 6 dresses. Just to go back to Macy’s and order my dream dress.

How many dresses have you tried on? 1
  • Bianca
    Super August 2019
    Bianca ·
    • Flag

Countless! Maybe 20 or so? Funny thing is, the dress I ended up going with was one of the first ones I saw.

• Christina
    Beginner October 2020
    Christina ·
    • Flag

One and fell in love with it

• Ana Raquel
    November 2019
    Ana Raquel ·
    • Flag

Ugh... I went to David's Bridal at first. They were super nice and all but I felt like every dress they put on me looked horrible. I want to say I tried on 8 dresses there and I felt so defeated. I am in between sizes since I have lost about 12 lbs. I went to a bridal boutique near where I live and I was supposed to try on 6 dresses but I only made it past 4. It was so hard to choose because I felt so nice in all of them but I couldn't make it past the last dress. I did not want to take it off and the minute they put on the detachable train... it was it.

• W
    Just Said Yes February 2020
    Wenter ·
    • Flag
    I haven't started dress shopping yet. I'm afraid I won't find one that looks good on me Smiley atonished

Comment on this discussion