Jodie
Beginner October 2022

How long did it take to get your wedding photos?

Jodie, on December 18, 2020 at 8:03 PM Posted in Planning 0 13
Saved
How long did it take from the day of your wedding to get all your pictures? We unfortunately had to cancel our wedding due to COVID but we still got all dressed up and took pictures. That was two months ago and all I’ve gotten from our photographer was 5 pictures. She messaged me on December 7th saying they would be uploaded by the end of that week and there’s still nothing!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Talia, on December 22, 2020 at 1:34 PM
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    For our minimony we got them back really fast, but I feel like 6-8 weeks is standard for many photographers. Have you tried emailing and asking when you can expect the remaining pictures?
  • Stacey
    Super May 2021
    Stacey Online ·
    • Flag

What does your contract say?

• Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    For our engagement pictures, it took our photographer avout 7 business days.
  • V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    We got ours about six weeks after our wedding.
  • Dallas
    Devoted November 2020
    Dallas ·
    • Flag
    Oh no! Did you sign a contract? We got half of ours back that night/the next morning, the remainder the next week. Hopefully you will get them soon! I’m sure the holidays have them behind
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    6-8 weeks is standard but she’s edging towards that & week mark. Did you sign a contract?
  • A
    Super September 2020
    Alli ·
    • Flag
    We received ours in 4 weeks; she told us 3, but she had a death in her family.
  • Katie
    Expert January 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    We received ours on our one month anniversary, as promised.
  • Rebecca
    Master August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

We got ours back within like... 2 weeks. Our photographer was ridiculously fast.

Check your contract, and maybe reach out to your photographer.

• Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

I believe we got ours back just under 8 weeks, which was within our contract (our contract stated 10 weeks maximum). What does your contract say?

• Msalberts
    Master October 2021
    Msalberts ·
    • Flag

As others have stated, check what your contract says, and ask. Typically 6-8 weeks is the average turnaround time. Anything earlier than that is a little out of the ordinary. Our Photographer got ours in 4 weeks, but she is a friend and doesn’t do very many/any weddings.

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

Mine took a long time because we had some miscommunication where she thought she had sent me the link but in reality the link was just A photo. it wasn't a photo album like she had thought. my video took like maybe 4 months. but i can't complain cus it was technically my friend doing it all for free for me.

• Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag

Ours took about 3-4 weeks.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics