Fmv
Super October 2020

How did you choose your date?

Fmv, on June 5, 2019 at 9:35 PM

Posted in Planning 48

We personally knew we always wanted a fall wedding. Specifically October. Fall time in Wisconsin is always gorgeous. A very special time to us. When we found our venue, they had a guest mininum for Saturday events and it was a few dollars more per person. For Friday Weddings there was no guest...
We personally knew we always wanted a fall wedding. Specifically October. Fall time in Wisconsin is always gorgeous. A very special time to us.

When we found our venue, they had a guest mininum for Saturday events and it was a few dollars more per person.
For Friday Weddings there was no guest minimum and it was cheaper per person. So in our minds it was a no brainer, we picked a friday in later october. Friday, October 23rd 2020. It sounds perfect to us.

What about you, how did you pick your wedding date?

48 Comments

• Bianca
    Savvy October 2020
    Bianca ·
    • Flag

Oh! I’m october 24! We knew we wanted oct-nov when it cools off and humidity dies down—we live in Kentucky. We had a specific venue in mind so i originally threw out the option to do 10/10/20 bc it has a ring to it. But it was already taken so we asked for the 24th and it was open so we took it.

• Shareah
    Just Said Yes August 2022
    Shareah ·
    • Flag
    Also think of the first day you met, the first kiss you both shared together, and the first date you guys had.
  • Renay
    Devoted April 2020
    Renay ·
    • Flag
    My father passed when I was 8 years old. His birthday was April 25th. Spring is the closest we get to consistent weather, and we really wanted to do an outdoor ceremony. 4/25/2020 seemed like a perfect way to honor my daddy, and keep him a part of our day. He'd be 69 that day.
  • S
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Sierra ·
    • Flag
    We decided on our date because it’s the day we got together in 2015 and we thought it would be neat to get married on our 6 year anniversary🥰
  • Christine
    Beginner January 2021
    Christine ·
    • Flag

Our wedding date kind of fell into our laps. We've been together for almost 9 years, engaged for 8, and just haven't found the right kind of wedding for us. My family is having a big family vacation to Hawaii the Christmas after next, and just so happens to coincide with our 10 year anniversary. So we're having a small, less than 30 guests, wedding in Hawaii on our 10 year dating anniversary!

• Adrian
    Beginner December 2020
    Adrian ·
    • Flag
    We had originally planned to get married on the anniversary of our engagement (4/20 because my fiance is a complete dork), but neither of us wanted to wait that long. So we decided to elope (my mother considers it more of a secret wedding instead of an elopement, but whatever) during his winter break instead. We were kind of inspired by this poem:
    Married when the year is new, he’ll be loving, kind and true.When February birds do mate, you wed not dread your fate.If you wed when March winds blow, joy and sorrow both you’ll know.Marry in April when you can, joy for Maiden and for Man.Marry in the month of May, and you’ll surely rue the day.Marry when June roses grow, over land and sea you’ll go.Those who in July do wed, must labor for their daily bread.Whoever wed in August be, many a change is sure to see.Marry in September’s shrine, your living will be rich and fine.If in October you do marry, love will come but riches tarry.If you wed in bleak November, only joys will come, remember.When December snows fall fast, marry and true love will last.
    That got us to December. We had like... 3 weeks to choose from since my fiance is still in college, and we kept going with another poem:
    Marry on Monday for health,Tuesday for wealth,Wednesday the best day of all,Thursday for crosses,Friday for losses,and Saturday for no luck at all.
    So that gave us 3 days, December 16, December 23, and December 30. We took the winter holidays into consideration, and that our families have traditions, so that left us with December 16, 2020.
  • DEVONA
    Just Said Yes September 2019
    DEVONA ·
    • Flag
    My husband picled our date nd it was beautiful
  • DEVONA
    Just Said Yes September 2019
    DEVONA ·
    • Flag
    After 26 years of me being his first 💘. As he was mines we share a 25 year old son. So i married my best friend

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics