Fmv
Super October 2020

How did you choose your date?

Fmv, on June 5, 2019 at 9:35 PM

Posted in Planning 48

We personally knew we always wanted a fall wedding. Specifically October. Fall time in Wisconsin is always gorgeous. A very special time to us. When we found our venue, they had a guest mininum for Saturday events and it was a few dollars more per person. For Friday Weddings there was no guest...
We personally knew we always wanted a fall wedding. Specifically October. Fall time in Wisconsin is always gorgeous. A very special time to us.

When we found our venue, they had a guest mininum for Saturday events and it was a few dollars more per person.
For Friday Weddings there was no guest minimum and it was cheaper per person. So in our minds it was a no brainer, we picked a friday in later october. Friday, October 23rd 2020. It sounds perfect to us.

What about you, how did you pick your wedding date?

48 Comments

• Laurel
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Laurel ·
    • Flag

We did ours based upon the weather. DC tends be a bit temperamental, and earlier May is usually the most predictable. Any later in the year it would've been very soggy, or humid. Neither of which are great for a wedding! So we went with May 1st.

• Alexis
    Just Said Yes May 2022
    Alexis ·
    • Flag
    Saturday for us a good choice due to many people work mon-fri. A lot of family is religious and out of town. The month is second nature. I wanted spring he wanted summer. May meets the middle.
  • Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

We had to pick a Summer date, because that is when FH has his son. Then we narrowed it down to the month of June, before it gets too hot. We originally picked 6/20, because it was the earliest Saturday possible that didn't clash with holidays and birthdays. However, the venue I wanted was booked that weekend, so we had to move the date to 6/29. And that is how we got our date, lol, no romantic story/meaning behind it.

• Just Said Yes June 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    I decided to hold it on a holy day for my religion.
  • Expert August 2020
    ·
    • Flag

It was my husband's great-grandmother's birthday. It wouldn't have been my choice; I wanted to get married in October but he won out lol.

• Rica
    Dedicated September 2018
    Rica ·
    • Flag

I wanted to avoid spring due to professional and personal conflicts. I loved the idea of winter, but my husband vetoed it. Summer was a little too soon with the timing we got engaged, but the following summer felt too long. So we settled on fall. We wanted a Saturday and there weren't a ton of options left at our venue, so we went with a holiday weekend to have a long weekend!

• Molly
    Devoted October 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

I picked Saturday, March 28, 2020. It was still before "wedding season" so it was still on the "cheaper side" in terms of the venue. It's also the month before my birthday, when I got engaged, and our dating anniversary. I also didn't want a long engagement or to be too hot haha!

• Robert
    Dedicated October 2021
    Robert ·
    • Flag

We wanted to keep our anniversary-- and it happens to be at a beautiful time of year Smiley smile

• Sylvia
    Beginner June 2021
    Sylvia ·
    • Flag
    It was special i got the same as our frist wedding it was good to know that we can renew our vows on our 10 th anniversary
  • Sylvia
    Beginner June 2021
    Sylvia ·
    • Flag
    I look on the calendar and it says the 12 of 2021 in June it the same day as our frist wedding it was meant to be it our 10th year anniversary

• Autumn
    Savvy October 2022
    Autumn ·
    • Flag
    I wanted to get married on October 1st because thats when we started dating he wants our wedding to be on a Saturday so October 1,2022 it is!❤
  • Jasmine
    Savvy April 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

We knew we didn’t want a burning summer day, however we wanted to catch a beautiful sunset against the water as a backdrop. Our anniversary date is the 26th so choosing the 26th of a spring month was the easiest compromise.
  • Kayla
    Just Said Yes January 2021
    Kayla ·
    • Flag

We Decided to have a longer engagement so we can save money since it's not going to be cheap. Also we planned our date on a Sunday since most places have a minimum for Friday's and Saturday's. We planned our date around a holiday weekend as well since a lot of people are off Monday.

• Kalliope
    Savvy July 2020
    Kalliope ·
    • Flag

Lol we still haven't decided. We got engaged at the end of December 2018. I am going to be a teacher and I didn't want my kids to suffer me changing my name mid-school year, so that means that summer is the answer. But summer in Kansas is risky for rain! So we're aiming for evening time at the end of July. - this gives us time to settle into our own space before we get started with the school year (whether we are both working or he's still in school). My little brother's birthday is the 21st, so I didn't want to steal away from that moment for him, so we are aiming toward the week after.

Right now, we are debating about the year. It's between 2020 (probably too soon to be financially independent), 2021 (the same year my little brother graduates high school and turns 18, and the same year I graduate college), or 2022 (after I've been working a year - and hopefully he has an income, too). I'll be happy no matter what lol but married life sure is taking its sweet time gettin' here!

• Kristina
    Just Said Yes August 2025
    Kristina ·
    • Flag
    We wanted like a summer wedding and like a date though we wouldn’t forget it because he hasn’t tendency to forget dates so August 11 is actually my birthday I want easy date to remember. With the year it’s just so we have time to save up and have the wedding we want
  • Christine
    Beginner January 2021
    Christine ·
    • Flag

We kind of fell into our date. We’ve been together since 2011, and engaged since 2012. Life got in the way of planning (and paying) for a wedding, so it was just on the back burner. My sister’s family will be moving to Japan in a few weeks, and will be gone for 3 years. My mom really wanted to find a place that would be more centrally located to meet up for at least one holiday together while they’re gone. It just so happens that our 10 year anniversary would fall at the half way point of their time away, as well as right around the Christmas/New Years holiday season. And so, we’ll be getting married on January 5th, 2021, our 10 year anniversary, in Kauai, HI. My parents will be renting a house for a week or two for the immediate family to all stay together for the holiday and our wedding, and then we’ll go off on our own for our honeymoon.

• Rita-Jean
    Devoted May 2019
    Rita-Jean ·
    • Flag

We actually based it on our honeymoon, lol. We wanted to take a cruise to Alaska, and the end of May is one of the best times to go. It's late enough in the year to not be too cold, but it's early enough that it's not peak season either. So, we found a cruise that left out on Sunday, May 26th, and we decided to get married either Friday the 24th or Saturday the 25th. Because it was Memorial Day weekend, though, the venue we were looking at was going to charge like $1000 more than its usual Saturday price (which was more than its usual Friday price to begin with), so it was a definite no-brainer to go with Friday.

• Brianna
    Savvy March 2021
    Brianna ·
    • Flag
    We wanted it to be Significant and meaningful.
    I was looking at dates for the day we met and our Anniversary (2 separate dates).
    Our Anniversary date is April 1st (when we officially got together), but it doesnt fall on a Friday or Saturday until 2022 and 2023.
    Then I looked at the day we met and saw that in 2021 it lands on a Saturday. So my Fiance and I will be saying "I Do" on Our 11th year Anniversary of the day we met; March 27, 2021.
    I can't wait.
  • Victoria
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    At first, I thought we were going to do a fall wedding. The venue that we fell in love with offers discounts for 2 times a year. They do one from Nov. 1st to I think April 1st and that was 40% discount. Then the other discount they offer is from May 1st to Memorial Day at 25% discount. If the earliest I could have my fall wedding was Nov. 1st, I was skeptical on if it would be warm enough for the wedding that we've envisioned. We live, and plan to have the wedding, in Colorado and I didn't want to risk an early snowfall, especially since we have a lot of out of town guests attending. So naturally, we chose the Memorial day time frame and decided on the day 05-20-2021. It's a Thursday, so it's even more discounted so we are happy campers!
  • Dwedding2020
    Savvy May 2020
    Dwedding2020 ·
    • Flag
    We are having to receptions as we have family on both coasts not everyone important can make it out. We decided ln holiday weekends (Memorial day and Labor Day) so people that do fly out can make a vacation out of it/have an extra day off from work.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics