Fmv
Super October 2020

How did you choose your date?

Fmv, on June 5, 2019 at 9:35 PM Posted in Planning 0 48
Saved
We personally knew we always wanted a fall wedding. Specifically October. Fall time in Wisconsin is always gorgeous. A very special time to us.

When we found our venue, they had a guest mininum for Saturday events and it was a few dollars more per person.
For Friday Weddings there was no guest minimum and it was cheaper per person. So in our minds it was a no brainer, we picked a friday in later october. Friday, October 23rd 2020. It sounds perfect to us.

What about you, how did you pick your wedding date?

48 Comments

Latest activity by DEVONA, on November 4, 2019 at 9:55 PM
  • Laura
    Master October 2019
    Laura
    • Flag

We also wanted a fall wedding, and we both love October. I chose the 19th because it would have been my late grandmother's 100th birthday. Since she can't be there this was my way to have her there.

• C
    Master January 2019
    Cassidy
    • Flag
    I wanted to get married before graduating. I didn鈥檛 know my school schedule before hand.
    MLK weekend last year we were sitting at the table, and i said this is a 3 day weekend, what about this weekend next year? He agreed, we had a date!
    We had been engaged 2.5 weeks at that point.
  • Lauren
    VIP September 2019
    Lauren
    • Flag
    We started dating 10.28.11. We wanted to get married on our anniversary but didn't want to wait 5 more years for it to come around again on a Saturday. I had a dream later where I saw Sept 28 on one of those daily rip off the page calendars and I knew that was it. It turned out to be a Saturday 2 years in the future when FH and I were talking about it and that has been our goal. Now we are less than 4 months away! 馃榿
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn
    • Flag
    Like everyone else, we wanted a fall wedding, but in March of 2018 our venue was already booked for every fall Saturday until 2020. We went with the closest thing to the fall, 8/31/2019. A few months into planning our venue posted on Facebook that they had a cancellation on 11/23/2019 and we jumped on it.
  • Sharon
    Expert September 2021
    Sharon
    • Flag
    We also knew we wanted Oct and next year. The weather is perfect (I hate hot weather) and of course the foliage is beautiful. Our venue was going over available dates. 10/10/20 was one. We loved it, its rolls off the tongue and easy to remember. The months of our birthdays and when we met add up to 10 so it seemed perfect.
  • Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah
    • Flag
    We knew we wanted the summer (I'm off then), and we wanted a Saturday (it's a lot more convenient for the vast majority of our guests). July sounded good, and when we went venue shopping, the venue we loved actually considered July an off-peak month (but June and August were on-peak). We liked the sound of July 20, 2019 over the 13th, so that's what we went with!
  • Autumn
    Dedicated September 2019
    Autumn
    • Flag
    We wanted fall as well 馃崅 and we got engaged Jan first of this year so it really was just what was left open at the venues unfortunately. Originally I wanted oct 12th but the venue I wanted only had sept 28th. Just a few days into the official fall. But I didn鈥檛 want to do late October because it鈥檚 always cold here then. Since we have an outside ceremony I figured sept 28th was a good weather compromise and booked it! 9.28.19 is coming up fast!
  • Christina
    Dedicated July 2019
    Christina
    • Flag
    We wanted summer because I鈥檓 still in college (getting close though) but we had no care for the date! We went with what was available at the venue we loved!
  • latasha
    VIP September 2019
    latasha
    • Flag
    My FH absolutely hates hot weather and also absolutely hates cold weather haha. So in NY September the weather is pretty decent and a happy medium (lately it鈥檚 been totally unpredictable soooo this may not work out hahaha). After choosing September we felt like the first week was after Labor Day so figured some people would still be traveling. After the second week temperatures can drop insanely so the second weekend worked perfectly. 9.14.19. I fell in love with my date after realizing it鈥檚 the same forward and backward 馃槀馃槀
  • Amber
    Devoted July 2019
    Amber
    • Flag
    We were planning around when my future FIL was visiting from Italy. And nooooow he鈥檚 decided to move back to the states so I didn鈥檛 need to have a summer wedding (7/14/19) 馃檭馃槓馃槀
  • Sandy
    Dedicated December 2021
    Sandy
    • Flag
    We decided on a spring wedding since both of our birthdays were near end of the year and wanted to spread things out. Wanted a Saturday wedding so that limits things. As for be actual date, I went with cultural superstition and did some numerology research to figure out what was a good day for both of our zodiac. Was kind of hard to explain to him this asian superstition, so told him to kind of suck it up. I鈥檓 usually not superstitious, but I rather err on the side of good karma lol.

He wanted 4.4.2020 because of the repetition but it was a bad day for both our ages. 4.16.20 was good for both of us, but I didn鈥檛 like all the even numbers (I鈥檓 an odd person!) and he didn鈥檛 want it to be around Easter times. 5.16 was a good day for his zodiac and he needs more luck than I do (seriously, so many health problems and worst luck ever). It was perfect for us once we settled on a date.
  • Cori
    Devoted June 2020
    Cori
    • Flag
    I wanted a wedding in the summer when I鈥檓 off work (teacher here!) so we contacted a bunch of venues to get pricing and date availability. We got engaged in December 2018 and we didn鈥檛 want to rush so we planned for sometime in June 2020. We also saved money ($1000) by having our wedding on a Sunday and that is how 6/7/20 came to be.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle
    • Flag
    We decided on a DW in Las Vegas. But since it鈥檚 ridiculously hot in the summer (and chilly in winter), we eliminated those months and were left with Spring & Fall. We originally thought Spring but it felt a bit soon. So we went with Fall. Since this will be a second marriage for both of us, we鈥檙e having fun with the entire wedding. And after our hotel tours last month, we chose a location and kept the fun concept going by selecting 10/10/20.
  • Amy
    Dedicated August 2020
    Amy
    • Flag
    We got engaged in Dec 2018. We are getting married on family land back in Wisconsin(we live in California) . FH left on deployment and wont be back in time for a fall wedding. Our anniversary is Dec 2 but winter outdoors in Wisconsin...NOPE! We settled on May 2, 2020 because we also have to be married and route paperwork in time for us to not get separated location wise on our next set of orders.....hooray dual military!
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag
    I let the groom choose. He chose a date that fit better with his work schedule.. which is coming up for me!!!
    Unfortunately the one caveat was that it was my maid of honor birthday and it made me feel bad but this was the date that worked best for him
  • Gabriela
    Dedicated November 2020
    Gabriela
    • Flag
    We got engaged in December and most of our relationship milestones revolved around November/December so we decided for a winter wedding!
  • Kristin
    Super November 2019
    Kristin
    • Flag

We wanted a fall wedding because we are both warm people and didn't want to be sweating our butts off in the dead of summer. I also love dark, rich colors which fits better in fall and that is also when we met 8+ years ago (in a relationship for 3). They day we met actually falls during the week this year so we just decided fall in general (September/October). Our venue ended up being booked straight through October so we grabbed the first available November date (9th). I thought for sure we would have our pick of dates seeing as we were venue shopping 19 months early but nope. The venue is amazing so at that point we decided it would be worth it to push the date.

• OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls
    • Flag

We wanted to get married on our anniversary!

• Vale
    Dedicated October 2021
    Vale
    • Flag
    We live in Florida, so Spring and Summer were DEFINITELY not options because of lovebug season, hurricane season, and the murderous heat. We didn't want to do November or December/January because of people's holiday expenses. October was perfect, and we are both Halloween fanatics, and being that Halloween 2021 is a Sunday, we figured that would be perfect. 2021 was far enough in advance that I'll be done with my Bachelor's degree program and will have some time to enjoy my life without endless coursework tormenting me.
  • Ester
    Dedicated April 2022
    Ester
    • Flag

The way we chose was a month that wouldnt be too hot or cold. Then we decided we wanted to keep the trend going of our special dates landing on the 1st. Unfortunately the only month with the closest date was 5/2/2020, so we chose that day to start our special dates on the 2nd as the next stage of our relationship Smiley smile)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics